• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB All Grain start up equipment (Chgo Area)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cessick7

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I have brewed about 8 batches of extract beer and want to move up to all Grain. I have a couple of fermenting buckets, a bottling container, a 30 qt and a 16 qt brew pots and other miscelaneous equipment. I am looking for enough starting equipment to get started doing all grain. thanks.

Hi Cessick! If you haven't already, take a look at the local craigslist, sometimes you'll see equipment for sale there.

You have fermenters already and your 30 qt pot is just big enough to do full boils (necessary with all grain). You need a large enough propane stove to do full boils. You need a mashtun, and making one from a mash tun is pretty simple and inexpensive. You need a wort chiller, which you can either make or buy.

Good luck!

I've got a 10gal cooler mash tun with bazooka braid, old turkey fryer burner and 7.5gal kettle. $90 for all of it.

Price dependent if you wanted to split out the mash tun I would be interested...

(just bought a kettle) and I am just up the road in Clarendon Hills...

I have a turkey fryer that I recently got at Menards for $45.00 and I also have the pots. I would definitley be interested in the Mash Tun. Also not far from willowbrook.

You got the boil pot just make yourself a mash tun out of a cooler and brew. Plenty of help and how to's on here. You can be allgrain for less than $20-$30.

Manifold in MLT.jpg

Rectangular MLT.jpg

Outside Bulkhead.jpg

Back