Beer and Guitar Hero

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizzaman

Reaction score
Mods, if this thread is completely out of line please let me know. I mean no harm by starting it, but I do feel that its contents apply to the world of homebrewing alcohol.

The wife and I host several get togethers each month where we serve my homebrews. At these little shindigs, we have found that people usually end up flocking to one of two places: our master bathroom where all my homebrew stuff is fermenting away, or our spare bedroom where our computer office is setup. The reason for flocking to the bathroom is obvious, people who have never made beer are interested in the goings on; the reason people flock to our spare bedroom is we have a guitar hero system setup which I built using a completely legal, freely available program written by a group of computer engineers such as myself. Now I am not a gamer by any means, I feel that anyone who has enough time on their hands to waste it away playing pointless video games needs to learn the wonders of homebrewing; and my wife is the same way. But there's something about the guitar hero game that is intriguing to gamers and non-gamers alike. If you have never played it, please find someone who has a game console and the game, or read my upcoming build log to build your own(if this thread is not deemed inappropriate and closed).

Again, I do understand that this is not directly related to brewing alcohol, but it is something that I had a lot of fun building and that myself, my wife, and our friends do enjoy playing after we've had a few homebrews. Please leave any comments you have as to whether or not you would like me to turn this into a DIY tutorial on how to setup this game on your computer, and how to build your own guitar for the game. If nothing else, it's always an entertaining way to blow some time while waiting for a brew to finish up, and as I've said, it's great for homebrew parties once the discussions stray away from homebrewing....

Frets on Fire? My kid plays it on his PC using the rockband USB guitar. Just a straight up guitar hero copy without paying the licensing for the music. Completely legal? Sure, but unlike Guitar Hero or Rock Band, the artists get no compensation for thier songs being ripped for Frets on Fire.

Probably no less than 10 guitars in the house so If I get the urge for "frets" its going to be real ones! :) I guess that's why I always sing when we play Rock Band!

Now imagine if we all sat around and played a video game with a raped down version of brewing beer?

No, I think I would rather do the real thing, for both activities.

Latest posts

Back