Lookin for a football beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcoklahoma

Reaction score
The Army-Navy game is coming up soon. Me and some family are going to meet up at my buddies place to watch the game. Quick background, Me and my buddy are both Marines so naturally we will root for the Navy. Also in attendance will be my dad and my buddys wife, her and my dad are current and former National guard (respectfully) so obviously they will go for Army. Im at a loss as to what to brew for the game but what ever it is, has to be done and bottled and chilled by Dec 11th. Does anyone know of a good tasting, maybe 5% or 7% ABV that wont take very long to brew up?

How about a Fat Tire clone? Everybody seems to like that beer. I've done the clone offered by austinhomebrew.com, and it turned out very much like the original.

Check out Yooper's APA. I'm getting ready to brew it a 2nd time and absolutely loved it the first time around. But you didn't mention if AG or extract.

Dang Yoop, you're fast! :cross:

Ok if I am brewing footballs I start by deflating the footballs... lol jk. For a simple rec that will be done quick:

5 lbs dme
2lbs carmel. 60
3 oz of hops of your choice.
Safale 05.

Follow all basic steps steep the carmel 60 for 20-30 min. Throw in 1 oz hops and dme crank to boil. 60 min. boil with 15 min left add 1 oz hops 5 mins left add last hops. Cool move to fermentation add yeast. Let sit for a week bottle let sit for 3 more weeks will be about 6.5 adv. Atleast thats what I average.

I've got a recipe for a pretty awesome wheat beer. It's under my recipe list as Panic Button Hefeweizen. Ten days grain to glass.

I hear that Edworts Haus Pale Ale & Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde are always big hits, & quick from brew to glass. Never had them myself but I hear good things about them.

one of yooper's amber recipes (that i cant seem to find right now) is fantastic. i just tapped it the other day and it's a very good beer, i adjusted the hops but the grain bill is as follows:

7lb pale 2-row
2lb munich
1lb c80
.5lb c40

i used williamette and goldings.

I just did my very first grain the other day. It was easier then I thought even though I used a few cans of pre extracted malt. So out of all the recipes that have been stated here, what one has a fairly sweet taste? I determined im not a big fan of hoppy beer, to bitter for my tastes.

Latest posts

Back