What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my HB Berliner weisse and now my stout saison experiment. Kinda weird. The dryness really accentuates the roast and burnt qualities.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394081627.818444.jpg

Drinking my favorite Oregon beer, Dechutes Brewery Inversion IPA. Just waiting for my lager to finish so I can chill my other beer.

Bigger, stronger, darker!

Anchor bock beer.. Delicious :) Made a chocolate stout recently mini mash style came out great!

1394085645561.jpg

Started the night with old Rasputin RIS, now rocking... Someones double Stout, don't remember brewery, its new to me.

Two dark stouts with high ABV, feeling pretty decent.

Found out the wife is expecting. Seems to be a good day for that! This is my third... Awesome but its gonna get crazy!

And while I'm drinking, I am baking some spent grain bread out of my Irish red ale grains from Sunday.

Congrats!

Coffee as I try to get motivated this morning ...

Started the night with old Rasputin RIS, now rocking... Someones double Stout, don't remember brewery, its new to me.

Two dark stouts with high ABV, feeling pretty decent.

Found out the wife is expecting. Seems to be a good day for that! This is my third... Awesome but its gonna get crazy!

And while I'm drinking, I am baking some spent grain bread out of my Irish red ale grains from Sunday.

Congratulations!! It's nice having some brewery assistants. My youngest gets so mad at me if I don't let her stir the mash if she is around when I'm brewing.

Drinking coffee. Only have a days left of roasted coffee so I need to stop being lazy and roast more tonight.

Third cup of coffee and finally clearing away the last cobwebs from last nights over-indulgence. Best part of the night - the member who gave me a box of 20 Belgian style 750ml bottles because he didn't want to clean them. Score! :)

You lucky SOB! :D I just bought 25 of them off CL for a buck a piece. I figured that was cheaper then buying the ones that are full of beer though

Third cup of coffee and finally clearing away the last cobwebs from last nights over-indulgence. Best part of the night - the member who gave me a box of 20 Belgian style 750ml bottles because he didn't want to clean them. Score! :)

You better watch your porch today. There should be a suspicious package at your door today :D

I'm in trouble. Drank more beer than usual yesterday and today, here it is after noon and I'm not even close to wanting a beer. Looking at maybe 2 or 3pm. Maybe I'll start with a Coors Light :)

I'm in trouble. Drank more beer than usual yesterday and today, here it is after noon and I'm not even close to wanting a beer. Looking at maybe 2 or 3pm. Maybe I'll start with a Coors Light :)

Woah woah woah! No need for rash decision making! ;)

Water. I've vowed to drink only four liquids for a while: coffee, water, ice tea and beer.

I've also vowed not to drink any gases or solids, while I'm at it...

Please step away from the ledge.

Well I guess if you don't want a beer, Coors light is the way to go...

Haha, you guys are funny. A caring bunch for strangers who don't care. ;)

If I'm ever drinking Coors Light it's because I'm in a desert survival situation and I've already consumed my own urine more than the allotted safe # of cycles and I'm down to my last option. :D

Disappointing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394131564.789661.jpg

Racking my Battletoad SMaSH and took a gravity sample of Harvester of Sorrow DIPA.

You could always try and add something like hazelnut or a brown sugar/pecan (pie) combo into the brown. Don't know how the vanilla would go. Doesn't fit in my mind's eye.

Bengali Tiger.

Won't brown sugar just ferment out? I do not like hazelnut enough to commit beer to the flavor. I'd like to do something with 1/2 of this because it seems like it could use some thing else. Can you rack beer over nuts to make it more nutty?

Drinking water.

Won't brown sugar just ferment out? I do not like hazelnut enough to commit beer to the flavor. I'd like to do something with 1/2 of this because it seems like it could use some thing else. Can you rack beer over nuts to make it more nutty?

Drinking water.

Yeah brown sugar will but it also leaves a bit of molasses flavor. As far as the nuts, nuts are usually pretty oily which is not good, but there might be ways around it.
Im having Earl Grey because Im sick as hell, this blows

If I'm ever drinking Coors Light it's because I'm in a desert survival situation and I've already consumed my own urine more than the allotted safe # of cycles and I'm down to my last option. :D

That's a bit extreme don't you think. After running out of urine, I'd explore the possibility of drinking sand at least a few times before doing something as extreme as drinking a Coors light...
;)

Back