Best option for 2 tier stand for someone who doesn't weld

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to get my brewstand built but am having difficulties figuring out what to do for the stand.

Is there anything that I could get locally put put one together or a structure to start from? I want to go with steel and not wood. I saw earlier a scaffolding mentioned and that looked nice but I also want to option to go natural gas as that is what I would like to do.

So what do ya have?

You're best bet is to find a welder on craigslist. With you being from Fresno, I am sure there are tons. I got 5 quote to build a nice single tier stand from $150-$300 for the welding. I ended up going with someone fort $200 to build the stand and also get me my steel at wholesale costs for $50 more.

I have an erector set-style stand that was made by Harpo. It is really nice, shippable, and can be set up in 1 or 2 level configuration.

He has one that has burner mounting, or flat tiers for electric (like mine).

He might be able to help you figure out something that would work.

IMG_02641.jpg

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_34531.JPG

Here is what i do for my second tier for my system. Its flat aluminum that i welded together and put round pins through it to hold it in place. I drilled holes in the keg top so the brace would pin in place. I know you said no welding but you can do it with a propane torch and some of these aluminum rods pretty easy. http://www.alumiweld.com/
ben2309
[/URL][/IMG]
ben2309
[/URL][/IMG]
ben2309
[/URL][/IMG]

Super strut is all bolt together stuff and super stout. I built a mini conveyor dryer for my mobile screen printing operation out of it.

inside.jpg

Back