Chest freezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMJ

Reaction score
I am looking at a chest freezer on cl for a keezer conversion. It has a temp control on it that can be set to high medium or low. The seller unfortunately doesnt know what kind of temps these settings actually are. Would this cause problems when converting to a keezer. I assume I would just unhook the manufacturer temp control and install a new one but I have never done this before so I need some imput.

Thanks

Easiest method is to buy an external controller.
The thermometer goes inside, and you plug the freezer into the controller and set the temp. The controller regulates power to the freezer in order to keep the temp above freezing.

If you are mildly Electrically savy, I would recommend a LOVE controller... they are excellent and it really ups your brew room "bling"

Nah just leave it on high, then use a separate temp control to cycle the freezer on and off. Look into the Ranco or Johnson controllers. You plug the freezer into them and it turns power on and off depending on the temp it senses.

chest freezers freeze. My Magic Chef has 1-5 on it's thermostat, and that only varies the temp from 0f-20f

Temp controler FTW

Back