5 Day Summer Ale- Thanks Dry English Ale Yeast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimBrewz

Reaction score
I brewed on Tuesday-tried WLP 007 for the first time-heard it was super fast and clean. The beer went from 1.051 to 1.010 in 2 days. I let it sit for 3 days. My brewing partner's brew went bad, and he is expecting to serve it today (Sunday) at a party, so I stepped in and kegged the 5 day old brew, chilled and carbed in 4 hours. Perfectly delicious in 5 days! I can only imagine how much better it would be if I let it go 2 weeks more.

I had been an American Ale user primarily until now. WLP 007 is awesome!

FYI *I made a 1 quart starter the night before*

I need to try this strain, keep hearing great things about it. As I recall there's a lot of awesome comments on it on White Labs site.

Yeah, California Ale can go to hell as far as I'm concerned... You know how there's a lot of people out there who say, "Yeah, I've tasted homebrew before, it's alright"? Well I definitely think that part of this is due to Cal Ale's unflocculant ass yeastin' up an otherwise good beer.

Long live the Queen (and her English yeast strains)

The beer was gone in about 2 hours....short and wonderful life! Could not have done it without this yeast. Oh, and it was crystal clear!

Latest posts

Back