Name this cat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
Well, last Sunday, I heard a pathetic little crying in the rafters of the barn. After much coaxing, I found a wee kitty, barely weaned, that I suppose some cowardly soul dropped off. She seemed fine, but after a couple of days was obviously sick.

The vet quickly determined that she had something called a "warble" which is when a bot fly lays eggs in the skin, and a larve develops. In this little kitty, it was in her neck, so as the larve grew and developed its husk, she was really suffering. The vet had to give her inhalant anesthesia and cut it out, then put her on antibiotics. It was touch and go for a while, as she's just so tiny...probably around 4-5 weeks old.

Anyway, this kitten's a fighter and within 48 hours of treatment, she was up and about, scampering and pouncing. She's got quite a personality. Unusual markings, too, which I discovered meant she was a "torby", so has calico colors with tabby markings. Very pretty.

So, bottom line, she's doing great and we've decided that it's time to name her. Our last kitty was named after our other big hobby, motorcycling, so it's time for my homebrewing to have a mascot. We need some naming ideas for an affectionate, personable kitty that relate to homebrewing.

kitty005.jpg

(sorry for the pic quality. Low light conditions.)

Koa. She reminds me of koa. It's not brewing-related, but it just popped into my head.

Brewing-related second suggestion: Blackentan. :)

Okay, guys, I'm nixing "Fuggles". It just sounds too much like a titty bar.

Plus, Urban Dictionary says that fuggles is slang for some obscure sexual practice involving a bowling ball and vegetable oil.

Or maybe I just made that up. But now you gotta go look, doncha? :D

What about Wort?

Kick it. That way you can introduce her "This is my cat kick it."

Or Tettnang. You can call her Tet for short.

LOL Tet, also as in the Offensive or short for "Ka-Tet" from King's Gunslinger epic. ;)

As for the King reference from the same series of books, you could call her "Oy". The big eyes made me think of it. Keeps it short and simple as well.

Ize

I like my buddies' idea of naming cats: Willy, Richard or Johnson. Just imagine the fun... you can ask people if they want to pet your Willy.

lol whatever the name is its gonna end up- That goddamn cat!

Ive got 2

Chevy which has devolved to Chebs
Blazer which is now BlazerB

I like WLP 001 or Cal for short. Mainly it would be fun to have the vet call that out when you go to the office.:D
Ewww...that's like naming the cat "Herpes"...I can already hear the receptionist at the vet office..."Who has Herpes?" ;):D

'Cuse me, that's a French cat...I purchased it from a French whore. It's pronounced "Her-pay" :D

Name her PITA...

You know she's gonna' be a P.I.T.A., all cats are!

Great color, I have to admit.

Eric

you should name her roger, I just think it is the funniest thing when people give their pets human names. I know it is a girl, but strangely a cat named roger might be fitting.

Hops sounds OK, but if this is a survivor, frisky cat I would vote for:
Hoppy.

OK, a little let down, but I'm a hop-head and that would take to long to explain to anyone. Hopefully it can mellow out and return the love your giving it. (I'm not a cat fan, but hey, if you can deal with them).

Oh! I like Lambic and Saison!

And Roger, too...although my cat "George" passed away a coupla months ago. I also have another cat named Idgie, so when I discussed my cats, it sounded like I was talking about living with a 90 year old couple. "Yeah, I'm just hanging out tonight with George and Idgie."

Keep 'em coming, folks!

Also, I should mention that it was El Hubbo who informed me that this cat's color pattern defines it as a "torby". Give credit where credit is due!

+1 for Blackentan, Black & Tan, Blackntan or some form of that. That's the first thing I thought of when I sw the pic. Fits the color of her fur. Call her BT for short.

I would name him/her "Holy F|_|ck" based on the fact that she had bot fly larve in her neck!!

[youtube]23eimVLAQ2c[/youtube]

Name her PITA...

You know she's gonna' be a P.I.T.A., all cats are!

Great color, I have to admit.

Eric

Hey I had a pet rat named PITA, she always used to get out of her cage and end up behind the drywall in the basement, She she became PITA

Saison is great just name her that
Vorlauf sounds slightly evil.
Trub would be great

I got it, Pellicle!!!!

Latest posts

Back