CM Becker disconnect vs. "off brand"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnaclebob

Reaction score
Just wanted to report some info I have about off brand disconnectss:

I had ordered 2 off brand gas ball lock disconnects and had problems with them leaking at the keg post interface. Leaked on a brand new keg and used keg so its not the keg. I switched to CM Beckers and had no further issues.

Anyway I measured the 2 cheap fittings and 2 CM Beckers with my caliper. The no names measured 0.635 while the CM Beckers were 0.630. I measured each one several times to make sure the caliper wasn't slightly cocked or anything like that. The cheap fittings may also have been out of round by 1 or 2 thousandths but I'm not 100% confident in that.

I got these from AIH but they said they will refund me when they get them back if they can verify the problem. So far I am completely satisfied with AIH due to them quickly taking care of me in the past when an order had an issue.

I've noticed these cropping up too. Do they have an S with a circle around them? I haven't had problems with leaks but they don't fit as well in my experience. I've been throwing them away. Fortunately I only have a couple. Kegconnection specifically mentions that they only sell CM Becker, so I'll just order from them.

Oh, I've also had the threads on these corrode (flared). Not sure what that's all about.

Interesting. The items I got are the standard colors and look identical in every way except there's an S instead of CMB on the side.

Just remembered this thread and wanted to post the conclusion. AIH replaced them with CMB's at no additional cost. I am satisfied with the outcome and have already placed another order from them.

Thank you so much for posting this, Got some White MFL Disconnects in may from AIH as part of a larger order, and no matter the keg i put it on if you wiggle it it will audibly leak CO2, It also goes on the gas post noticeably easier than my other Disconnects. Too bad i lost a tank of CO2 before it noticed these things ><
I was starting to think that there were different sizes of disconnects and i had ended up with the wrong one or something.

Now i'm curious what mine measure.

I'd email AIH and return them. I also would hear the hissing noise if they were wiggled or if the hose was tugging at the fitting in the right way.

There shouldn't be two different sizes of disconnects. I think these are just cheap knock offs with lower manufacturing tolerances, its not worth saving a dollar or two.

Back