Pin Lock Disconnects - Metal Collar vs. Plastic Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaxweb

Reaction score
First off, I have 10 pin lock that I have been using for years and not intested in changing now. All of my disconnects have the metal collars and have never had a leak or failure. Some are original Coke branded. Nearly all of the pin lock disconnets currentlty sold by ventors have the plastic collar. There are a few out there that sell the C.M. Becker disconnects with the metal collars. How do the ones with the plastic collars hold up compared to the metal.

https://www.cmbecker.com/product/long-c-c-pin-lock-¼-mfl-716-20-gas/https://www.cmbecker.com/product/disconnect-in-gas-pin-lock-14-mfl/

Salute for sticking with the Pin Locks through thick and thin!

I started with a set some 12 years ago, and used them until I switched to Ball locks due to availability just 5 years ago. My disconnects are all plastic collars, and I have not had any problems in that duration. These parts aren't under a particularly high stress, so its not like they wear any faster than metal.

All my kegs are pinlock. I also have both styles of plastic and metal rings in service. The metal ones I have were all given to me by an old Coca Cola service tech. I feel a little more confident in the metal ones, but I’ve never had any trouble with the plastic ones either. Make sure you stick with the CM Becker brand however, I haven’t heard good reviews about the discount versions found on Amazon, etc.

My first order from them was delivered today. Order processing was a little slow, but they have stuff in stock that's hard to find elsewhere so I guess I can't complain too much.

I'm in a similar situation to the OP except most of my connectors have the plastic collar. I've never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back