Do you know BEER???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60%

I'm embarrassed :-/

Don't feel that way. It's trivia, not what you know about beer. I expected more real beer questions like the difference between an English and an American Pale. And what makes a stout a stout. We would all do better on those, I hope at least.

90% for me. Being still new to the hobby of brewing (and therefore caring more about beer) I think that's rather respectable.

So I looked up Palau on Wikipedia. From a number of factors there seems to be a huge disconnect between what was written about the country's population versus their alleged prowess at beer consumption. Otoh, with a population of a whole 21,000 people, it wouldn't take too many heavy hitters to raise the per capita index for the entire country.

But, then I Googled "Most beer consumption per capita per country".

Palau isn't even on the list...

Cheers!

Beer and I know each other on a very intimate level. I don't need a quiz to tell me that.

80% the highest consumption question was an interesting one, an opportunity to open a brewery on an island possibly?

80% the highest consumption question was an interesting one, an opportunity to open a brewery on an island possibly?

It wasn't really an interesting question.

Population of Palau was 20,754 in 2012.
Population of Milwaukee was 597,867 in 2011.

There's probably some island that has 1 inhabitant, and that guy likes beer, so the per-capita ratio of beer lovers on that island blows Palau out of the water, so to speak.

LandoLincoln said:
It wasn't really an interesting question.

Population of Palau was 20,754 in 2012.
Population of Milwaukee was 597,867 in 2011.

There's probably some island that has 1 inhabitant, and that guy likes beer, so the per-capita ratio of beer lovers on that island blows Palau out of the water, so to speak.

Nice reply... I guess that's one persons take on how to interpret per capita.

Same here. Guessed Czech. Fail. But I'll take 9 out if 10...

Cheers!

Number 6 can't be right, I wonder where they go the stats for that one...Germany isn't even on that list and I've never ever heard of the other countries.

Number 6 can't be right, I wonder where they go the stats for that one...Germany isn't even on that list and I've never ever heard of the other countries.

There's only about 20,000 people living in Palau. If they each even only drink a small amount, the per capita adds up quick... compared to the 80,000,000 living in Germany.

7/10.
Guessed Bud was the best selling, Bud Light makes sense. (They did have Budweiser spelled wrong, though)
Missed the highest per capita and ingredients. Thought I'd read about hops not being in early beer, but admittedly was kinda a guess

70%, I missed the (1516) after the reheitsgebot and included yeast, had no idea about the state with the most breweries, and like most others I went with the Czech Republic. Oh well. Guess it's time for another beer.

Latest posts

Back