Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FE8CEF01-F6BE-454A-A91B-B2EBEACB1073.jpeg
I plan on adding a couple more taps and drip tray soon.

Attachments

• DFFB5FFE-1FFC-4E06-9AD7-879CEBFADDC3.jpeg
    DFFB5FFE-1FFC-4E06-9AD7-879CEBFADDC3.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 221
Here ya go. First shot is with my $3 Lowes table legs which some folks thought looked like a Doc Johnson product. :D

I then got my custom made handles on there. There is a guy in San Antonio who makes these. He'll burn in any inscription you wish.

4569-NewTapHandles.jpg

4569-NewTapHandles2.jpg

Nice setup!! I am going to upgrade to perlick taps someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
accurate pressure readings...
I keep mine inside, I have plenty of space, but the pressure reading on a chilled tank is different - that and my regulator gauges are beginning to rust...

I don't think I've posted mine in here before (or I totally forgot, totally possible!), but, me and SWMBO just bought a house and are moving in next weekend, aaaaannnndd......

I've been told I can build a full bar in the dining room!

That, in combination with my new brewspace in the basement, means I'm thinking I'll set up a keezer or kegerator in the basement, and run lines up through the floor/wall to the bar!

I've been doing a lot of reading up on this, but does anyone have good, comprehensive source of info on doing this?

I'm also curious, also doesn't appear to be room for more than four kegs in that unit, maybe eight if kegs can fit on the top shelf

Yep, you guys are right. I can fit (6) kegs up top and (6) kegs on the bottom. The top area I use to carb and the bottom to serve. What you can't see are another (2) regulators for nitrogen - I do nitro cold brew coffee and nitrogen carb'd beers on occasion, too. I also chose to run the lines up the vertical runner you see in the back, making them almost invisible when it's emptied out.

Honestly? You (and I) don't need that many regulators. If I were to do it again, I'd have (2) for carbing and (2) for serving, then break those out to the (6) and (6) gas inlets. Though, I will say that being able to fine-tune each keg is super helpful.

Generally I run (4) taps for beer, (1) for cold brew coffee, and (1) for carbonated water.

For carbonated water, you're carbing and serving around 24psi, so one regulator dedicated to that is ideal.

-TC

Honestly? You (and I) don't need that many regulators.

For sure. I use three regs(two secondaries fed by a primary) with manifolds on each, so I can have different pressures for beers I want at different carb levels. Gets me eight gas lines in the kegerator, two for carbing, six for serving. I don't do nitro beers as often, but when I do I just put the tank in the kegerator with a jumper line for that keg, same for draft coffee.
Hey, how's the cascade on your coffee?

My Home Depot special, slightly tweaked.

IMG_20181213_165741.jpg
IMG_20181213_165847.jpg
IMG_20181213_165858.jpg

Ripped out the cheap guts after one or two kegs and replaced with quality parts and properly sized and length lines. Also added a second tap and 3d printed tap handles.

Hey, how's the cascade on your coffee?

It's pretty great in the middle of summer. Right now I'm not too enticed by cold coffee in the morning...

I'm still dialing it all in, but I will say that you shouldn't try to do cold brew coffee on nitro + C02 mix, carbonated coffee tastes gross.

-TC

Danby fridge with 3 gallon keg and inter tap faucet.

Attachments

• F6796BA2-1FAC-4BB2-8B00-A98661B4DCB9.jpeg
    F6796BA2-1FAC-4BB2-8B00-A98661B4DCB9.jpeg
    883.1 KB · Views: 299
Here's my nearly completed keezer bar build. I wanted the coffin style tap box but also wanted to be able to utilize the top as a bar area in addition to making it easier to access the inside of the freezer so I went with an offset coffin.

View attachment 419280

View attachment 419281

View attachment 419282
This is a really cool design with the top taps off to the side. No drilling through the top and such and providing a nice useable bar seating area.

Back