Another propane manifold question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blynes

Reaction score
I have just about finished my gas manifold on my brew stand but I am having difficulty with the connection from the male end of my 1/2" black pipe to the 3/8" female end of my regulator hose. I can't find any fittings at Lowes that will fit the black pipe that will also fit the regulator hose. Can someone recommend the correct part I am looking for...possibly a part #?

Screw a 1/2" pipe coupling on the pipe and use a 1/2" MPT x 3/8" half union in brass. Or, use a 1/2" x 3/8" black pipe reducer and a 3/8" MPT x 3/8" half union. Maybe Lowes carry those fittings. The fittings aren't exotic. If all else fails, buy a gas whip kit. They usually have the FPT by flare adapter in the kit. The McMasters # for a fitting that will screw directly on the pipe is 50635K441.

Yup. It's called a half union in the plumbing world. I didn't want the guy walking in a plumbing shop asking for a thingamajig. Like the owner of Backyard Plumbing Inc. would do.

Back