What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so good

ForumRunner_20131015_193957.jpg

I will glove up and dig for it in the trash can just because I need to know now! It is eating me up since I took the time to boil up a starter, I better get all the info that is available.

Well, even then, you still won't know what's in there. I listened to an interview with Bob Sylvester where he was talking about pitching C instead of his usual becuase it was all he had, so it sounds like the only thing you can count on from St Somewhere is inconsitency.;)

Real Ale Hans' Pils.

image-2956638834.jpg

From the can, because I don't give a ratsazzz. ;)

Crossed paths with this guy this afternoon. One of us was going to have a bad afternoon. I'm just glad it was him, not me.

image-3220151340.jpg

TNGabe said:
Well, even then, you still won't know what's in there. I listened to an interview with Bob Sylvester where he was talking about pitching C instead of his usual becuase it was all he had, so it sounds like the only thing you can count on from St Somewhere is inconsitency.;)

For sure, he is the king of substitution. He gets dinged on review sights for inconsistency, I think it's part of the brewery's charm (what do I know, I'm a homer). Open fermented, Brett bottled, one man operation with distro in 19 states (last I heard, could be talking out of my ass), brewed in a "garage" rental unit. I will admit, his beers aren't legendary, but he sure is living most of our dreams. He announces bottling days on Facebook, just to get the help. Show up and drink all you want and leave with free beer.

Drinking more HB Black Pepper Saison. Trying to kill this keg, I have v2 waiting, no black pepper and double the Nelson "stir-pool".

NIZZLE said:
You killed that fooooker?

Yep, with what I had in hand at the time. Pinned him down with an extension pole and sliced him with a window scraper.

Pretty stoked right now. Our local brewery has been going through a bit of a rebranding effort with new ownership from a couple months ago. They took in a new head brewer who originally came over from Anderson Valley and have stepped away from doing purely German styles with the opening of their experimental Dock Shop.

Went over today to pick up their latest bottle release and ended up getting to chat with Chris White since they're opening up a new White Labs experimental lab as well as carrying some new yeasts in conjunction with the UCD brewing program.

ForumRunner_20131015_185357.png

This one is a funky BBA stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels and is pretty damn good. Glad to see some great new stuff from a talented group of brewers and happy to have something like this growing right in our backyard

Pretty stoked right now. Our local brewery has been going through a bit of a rebranding effort with new ownership from a couple months ago. They took in a new head brewer who originally came over from Anderson Valley and have stepped away from doing purely German styles with the opening of their experimental Dock Shop.

Went over today to pick up their latest bottle release and ended up getting to chat with Chris White since they're opening up a new White Labs experimental lab as well as carrying some new yeasts in conjunction with the UCD brewing program.

This one is a funky BBA stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels and is pretty damn good. Glad to see some great new stuff from a talented group of brewers and happy to have something like this growing right in our backyard

That's awesome!

Tinhorn said:
pretty good size one at that !
He was probably about 18-20 inches.
+HopSpunge+ said:
"Red and yellow kill a fellow , Red and Black a friend of jack"

Good thing I acted fast before he could attempt to kill this fellow. ;)

WesleyS said:
He was probably about 18-20 inches. Good thing I acted fast before he could attempt to kill this fellow. ;)
. That ain't no baby snake good thing they have short fangs but still dangerous

Tinhorn said:
. That ain't no baby snake good thing they have short fangs but still dangerous

If I would've been wearing long pants, he might not have even been able to get to skin with short fangs. But, I was wearing shorts, so he could've got me if he had the chance.

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast. Quite frakin divine! Lingering mouthfull of pine and coffee resin.

On my third one of these since I got home from work. Certainly good, but not $15 a 4 pack good. Not entirely sure why brewers started calling them triple IPAs. There's nothing in any "triple IPA" that I've tried that distinguishes it from a double IPA. I thought the IBU arms race was over. Anyway, good beer, nice New Zealand hop character, but I'd take GB or Flower Power over this any day.

20131015_214500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

On my third one of these since I got home from work. Certainly good, but not $15 a 4 pack good. Not entirely sure why brewers started calling them triple IPAs. There's nothing in any "triple IPA" that I've tried that distinguishes it from a double IPA. I thought the IBU arms race was over. Anyway, good beer, nice New Zealand hop character, but I'd take GB or Flower Power over this any day.

20131015_214500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I agree. Its hard to say what actually makes a triple. If you did a blind tsting of DIPA next to TIPA, it would be hard to tell the difference. I have tasted some that hit you super hard with hops. But freshness is a key.

Back