2010 Sierra Nevada N. Hemisphere HARVEST

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffBeck

Reaction score
Picked one up last night at Whole foods in St louis which was just putting them out on the shelf as I walked by.

Man what a strange hoppy beer. I think it tasted a little green with amazing potential. Not a lot of nose, nice dark amber color, good head.

I have to get a few more and let them age a few months.
Thumbs up but it is different, would like to hear what others think.

Picked one up last night at Whole foods in St louis which was just putting them out on the shelf as I walked by.

Man what a strange hoppy beer. I think it tasted a little green with amazing potential. Not a lot of nose, nice dark amber color, good head.

I have to get a few more and let them age a few months.
Thumbs up but it is different, would like to hear what others think.

Do not let this beer age. That strange green taste is just the difference in a wet hop beer. They're usually more grassy and earthy, and that's part of the fun character of a wet hop beer.

Commerical beer is not meant to be aged, at least not hoppy beer. Aging it will just make the hops drop out.

30 th

Mine was Jack and kens ale.
Black Barleywine ale

That stuff is heaven in a bottle.

Ok, I had 2 more of these as (this is a secret) Whole foods is selling them for $3.99 here I think it's marked wrong as it's 4.99 everywhere else.
Man these are good, different and earthy.

They are really growing on me.

The harvest ales series are amazing beers. My favorite is the Southern Hemisphere version. It's got a hop profile that is unbelievable. They use hop varieties you've never even heard of with unique qualities. But overall, they're all world class beers to me. A+

I had several of the 2009 vintage Harvest (northern hemisphere), and have been waiting for the 2010. I'm glad to see that it is out now, and the beer store will be the first stop on the way home today. I also had the first two 30th anniversary brews from SN, and the stout was delicious. The helles bock was just OK, but that's just my take on it. Not necessarily my cup of tea. I'll have to look for the barleywine and the grand cru.

Their wet hop is back out?! Thaaaaaank you! I only managed to nab 2 bottles of the 2009 and have been waiting for this batch ever since. lol I'll be stocking up on that one!

Ok, I had 2 more of these as (this is a secret) Whole foods is selling them for $3.99 here I think it's marked wrong as it's 4.99 everywhere else.
Man these are good, different and earthy.

They are really growing on me.

man you lucked out. I was just in Bevmo yesterday and picked one of the Harvests up for 8.99. Also grabbed a bottle of Stones Vertical Epic 10 10 10 for 7.99 and a couple other interesting bottles to ad to my cellar

Lucas Liquor also has Harvest northern for $3.99 here in St Louis.
Still no Celebration Ale.

Do not let this beer age. That strange green taste is just the difference in a wet hop beer. They're usually more grassy and earthy, and that's part of the fun character of a wet hop beer.

Commerical beer is not meant to be aged, at least not hoppy beer. Aging it will just make the hops drop out.

I am aging 2010 Bigfoot for a year or so BECAUSE it is a hoppy beer that is not supposed to be so hoppy.

Got some of this SN N. Hemi. the other day at Whole Foods. It just came in and the woman working in the beer section went to the back to get me some. Drank one last night and thought it was awesome. I have one more for tonight, and wishing I had bought several more.

Back