What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Hell while I bottle my kolsch ...

image-2237125768.jpg

image-535681008.jpg

Hop Wallop. Much better this time around. My first taste was right after finishing some Abrasive. This time it is the first of the night and is tasting much different. For some reason the other night it was really bready to me and not very DIPA like.

Water. Weekday beers are one of the things I gave up for lent....I did have a taster glass of my Pliny clone earlier (gravity samples are fair game Mr. Christ).

Ya fasting for 9 more days so no beer but the pre bottle taste was mandatory tonight.
Put up 3 cases. Same brew from Feb 11th. First run an APA finished at 1.035 and when I racked it to the bottling bucket tonight it was crystal clear 6.5% ABV.
Second run of the same grains plus steeped specialy grains and DME yielded 40 bottles of really delux hoppy Stout which finished at 1.04 and 7% ABV. The stout I primed with DME first time for me trying that but it is a little hot so I wanted to carb with some malty goodness. Anyway March 1st I'll be done fasting so I'll get a decent carbonated albeit only partially bottle conditioned TASTE! till then it's water ;)

Ya fasting for 9 more days so no beer but the pre bottle taste was mandatory tonight.
Put up 3 cases. Same brew from Feb 11th. First run an APA finished at 1.035 and when I racked it to the bottling bucket tonight it was crystal clear 6.5% ABV.
Second run of the same grains plus steeped specialy grains and DME yielded 40 bottles of really delux hoppy Stout which finished at 1.04 and 7% ABV. The stout I primed with DME first time for me trying that but it is a little hot so I wanted to carb with some malty goodness. Anyway March 1st I'll be done fasting so I'll get a decent carbonated albeit only partially bottle conditioned TASTE! till then it's water ;)

I just did a 7 day detox recently.... I feel you you!

bottlebomber said:
By using red hot peppers such as cayenne or even ripened jalapeños or habanero. Green jalapeños are quite vegetal.

You put tour finger directly on the smell, very earthy and vegetal. So by using red will help mellow that. Taste is delicious tho!

I just did a 7 day detox recently.... I feel you you!

I detox every Feb. for the entire month, for decades now.
It gives me self control and the knowledge that I can accomplish what I put my mind to. 1000 calories a day no caffeine, nicoteine, salt, sugar or animal fat. The food at the end of the month is amazing. You taste all the subtleties. Crafted beer never tastes quite like that first week of March.
Fats, sugars, and salt really skews the pallet the palate.
Anyway the first of the month I'll post some pictures of both beers. Meanwhile you will just have to drink one for me.

Cheers

Back