ready to do 2nd brew. any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawine

Reaction score
I have my first beer, Brewers Best HopNogg IPA in the primary bubbling away! I'm contemplating what beer to do next. I'd like something with a little more broad appeal so guests and the wife who aren't IPA fans will enjoy it too.

Was thinking about a Belgian beer kit. Is there a kit anyone would recommend or would you recommend some other ale that is very tasty but with a broad appeal? Brewers Best kits seem fairly easy.

Also, I'd expect to substitute a liquid yeast in for the dry as my local shop has said it'll give me a better flavor. I put into a Cali yeast on the afore mentioned IPA.

thx!
:mug:

For a beer that many people will like, I would go with a Cream Ale. I have brewed several batches from kits, and it is always a big hit.

The cream ales are great for people who don't enjoy a full beer. Wheat beers are great too, but I would try to avoid true hefewiezens. Most of my friends do not enjoy them.
Or how about a lightly hopped pale ale?

Try Belgian Witbier strain if you want to have something similar to Blue Moon. If you want another Wheat beer but German, try Wyeast 3068 strain of Hefeweizen yeast. It has the most flavor, aroma of any yeast I have tried.

Hmm... yeah the cream ale seems a little light in flavor, I see descriptions of "faint malt, hint of corn" but a crowd pleaser it may likely be. A light pale ale is an option too.

Since no one thought a belgian would be good are they not that popular for the average drinker? I figure it would be more palatable than the IPA but would still be unique. Shoot, I can do a Belgian and the cream ale... only thing holding me up is the lack of bottles!

You could get a mix 6 pack from the store with a few different styles. See what your wife likes, this will get you in the right direction (and you will get 6 more bottles!)

Latest posts

Back