Who's cooking today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker36

Reaction score
Who is here is getting a jump start on the cooking for the big day tomorrow? I hope to have all the baked goods plus mashed potatoes ready by tonight.

Thanksgiving's not at my house but I'm baking a cheescake and irish bread to bring along with me. I'll also pull a couple growlers of the kegerator as well.

Just put mine out on the Big Green Egg about 30 minutes ago.

ThanksgivingTurkey2008d.jpg

Baked off a couple pies this morning- MIL has the major cooking duties today.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, all!:mug:

My big sister hosts the family functions...I bake two loafs of bread and bring homebrew...

When I get there, I help her "expedite," getting the dinner out on time...She has a tendency to go all out Martha Stewart every year, but get's overwhelmed with getting all the food out on time and not ending up with some stuff cold...A couple years back I finally sat her down an told her that although she's a great cook, the holidays end up sucking because half the foods cold, and some dry, and she ends up freaking out half the time in the last hours...

It was hard to get her to "surrender" but she knows I'm a great cook, so she finnally gave in..and now is glad I did...She's got a little less stress now and noone complains about the dry or cold side dishes..

So I now step in and get stuff out and still warm at dinner time...I bought a bunch of disposable chafing dishes and stuff...If somethings ready it goes into a chafing dish where it stays warm and moist till time to serve...

I am braising some domestic lamb ribs this year, and really looking forward to it. I have never worked with lamb ribs. I'll post pics later. Other than that, just some reglar stuff. Mashed taters, baked sweets, going to grill some asparagus and onions. I love holiday cooking.

Have a great holiday gents.. and ladies.

My aunt is hosting this year so I got off easy, salad duty.

Romaine and radicchio, candied walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries, crumpled gargonzola, vinegar and oil. Oh, and croutons too (from a box, I'm such a wanker).

All of us cousins usually play street hockey but it's a bit rainy today. I'll probably help out in the kitchen. Maybe I can take over the gravy.

mmm, gravy!

Happy turkey day all!

Man was this turkey good. It had a nice light smoked flavor from the lump charcoal and a pink smoke ring. Even SWMBO loved it and she's not a fan of smoked chicken.

ThanksgivingTurkey2008f.jpg

Here it is at 6 hours as I took off.

Hope everyone's turkey day was a fine one!

that looks tasty. I could just peel the skin off, and eat that, and pitch the meat into stew!!

I did a german themed thanksgiving dinner I forgot to take photos before we started digging in but anyhow here they are:

The bread which I began to prep the day before. The one on the right has raisins.
n740056658_1177389_6871.jpg

The sausages and saurkraut.
n740056658_1177391_7355.jpg

And then Cornish Hens with mesclun salad and potato salad. 'Course I was way into the hen before I was reminded to take a photo....
n740056658_1177390_7114.jpg

Back