HBT NFL '08 thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this isn't the game that I was hoping for. It was big for them to score before the half though.

It looks like the browns are controlling their offensive line nicely and that is exposing the Giants secondary weakness. But most importantly Who's tip toeing around now! haha I love watching Brandon Jacobs run like that.

Lets hope the g-men come out of the half looking a lot better.

**Edit**
Wow talk about what I did not want to see coming out of the half...

Giants and Cowboys = not as good as everyone thought....and yeah, throw in the Redskins too....but the 'Ants, and the 'Girls are not that good considering their opponents records, so in that case, Philly and DC are the ones to watch out for

yeah the NFC East just got knocked down a few notches. But at least that game last night wasn't a must win, it would have been nice to win but it wasn't crucial. Now they can't sit there and talk about how amazing the Giants are and how they are undefeated because I swear when the Giants are suposed to win no questions asked... they can't

Don't get me wrong I think they are still a really good team but I just hate it (but deep down love it) when eveyone talks about how amazing the Giants are playing.

Giants and Cowboys = not as good as everyone thought....and yeah, throw in the Redskins too....but the 'Ants, and the 'Girls are not that good considering their opponents records, so in that case, Philly and DC are the ones to watch out for

We shall see who rises to the top of the devision in November... I can't wait.

What do you guys think about Romo being out? All the ESPN guys seem to think that it might be good for the team. I wonder how that makes Romo feel and I am waiting for TO to start crying again becuase people are being mean to his quarterback... his teammate :( haha

Skins are the same way, they do better when they're the underdog. The line against the rams was like 13 points, and they blew it. Everyone in the country expected them to ruin those chumps, and they couldn't do sh*t.

As for Romo, I dunno how it's good for his team. They're all a bunch of crybabies, and this'll just give them another reason to whine.

here we go brownies here we go!!!

did you guys see emmit laughing after the game, with the drunk fans heckling them? :D

hopefully those browns show up in dc this weekend. :mug:

edit: best part about that game last night was cornhoser having to shut the **** up about the browns sucking ass...

Every team can fall into a slump. For the Giants, that's really all I can draw from their performance last night. I still think there a very good team that can win on any given Sun.

Honestly, what really impressed me about the game last night was how good the Browns looked. I don't know what clicked, but it did. Their offense looked great moving the ball - Lewis looked like the back of old and their passing game finally looked decent. And their defense came up with huge plays against a very potent offense. We'll see if they can keep it up...

Frankly, I could care less who gets traded. I'm done trying to figure out how to improve the team. But I will say this; I did prefer to watch this week's QB than what I've seen of Kitna so far. Remember when Kitna was the improvement?? I guess Stanton and Orlovsky just haven't been ruined by the coaches yet.

Why would San Fran want Kitna? He's stop-gap at best. Does Martz really think that they're close enough to competing where it's worth bringing in someone like Kitna for a year or two?

Why would San Fran want Kitna? He's stop-gap at best. Does Martz really think that they're close enough to competing where it's worth bringing in someone like Kitna for a year or two?

The Lions record under Martz was still horrible, but Kitna put up back to back 4k yard seasons under Martz. O'Sullivan is struggling and no one that they currently have one their roster is much better.

It looks like barring any last minute offers, it looks like the Lions will put Kitna on IR to clear the way for the young guys.

Let the house cleaning begin!!!!!!!! :rockin:

It looks like barring any last minute offers, it looks like the Lions will put Kitna on IR to clear the way for the young guys.

Let the house cleaning begin!!!!!!!! :rockin:
Confident in Orlovsky? I'd like to see him do well after I watched him play for UConn. Great kid. I hope he makes it.

Looks like Jerruh goes to the same school as Al Davis. Buffers the bad news with a big and unnecessary signing- Roy Williams.

I'm torn about this as he wasn't one of the Lion's first round busts, but I also feel a sweeping change coming in the next year.

The Lions record under Martz was still horrible, but Kitna put up back to back 4k yard seasons under Martz. O'Sullivan is struggling and no one that they currently have one their roster is much better.

The Lions offense under Martz was ranked 14th I think and the defense was ranked 28th if I remember correctly. So naturally it makes sense to dismiss the offensive coach as if that's where the problem was. :mad:

Martz wasn't the solution for Detroit (I think he's incredibly overrated as a coach; his teams are fun to watch, but have zero balance and his ego drives him to do some really, really stupid things).

Detroit needs to prepare to throw a crapton of money at two people. Scott Pioli (priority #1) and Bill Cowher. Blow the damm thing up, no one will care if they suck for another year or two while they clean house (what's another two bad years after what, fifty years of ineptitude?). Pioli's more important than any coach; they need to do the 2001 Pats move; completely blow up the roster, bring in quality guys who are smart, want to play and can play as a team.

Martz wasn't the solution for Detroit

He may or may not have been the solution, but he definitely wasn't the sole problem. My point was that his offense was ranked much higher than the defense--and the head coach is supposed to be a defensive guy.

And I agree that this entire organization has to be gutted.

Well Kitna ended up on IR, and Roy Williams and the Lions 2009 7th round pick got shipped to Dallas for their 2009 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks. Dallas then signed Williams to a 5 year extension.

It was a win-win deal for both teams. The Lions need picks to rebuild, and the Cowboys needed a solid #2 behind TO.

As for Kitna, he hasn't exactly been a leader in the locker room. I think that the team decided that they need to see what they have in Orlovsky and Stanton and they thought that Kitna would be a distraction.

WTF, we just signed Shawn Alexander?

yup, for a year...Portis is a power back, he gives every damn play his all...even when he doesn't get the ball, he's blocking like a damn lineman. Which is why you see Betts in his place every few plays...that sh*t tires you out. And now that Ladell is out for at least a few weeks, I guess they decided they had to have an immediate replacement. Here's hoping he finds newfound glory in DC.

Latest posts

Back