I'm falling apart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sucks getting old. I recently turned 40, and I got rewarded today with a bout of unexplained lower back pain-- the second worst I've ever had (the first not too long ago).

I want some factory reconditioning. :mad:

-Steve

First piece of advice-- go find a new doctor. Main criteria-- small hands, and if you are so inclined, a female.

If someone is going to stick their finger in my bum, it better be small, and sure as hell better be a woman.

(BTW, I'm 44. My doctor is female and has small hands).

Funny, I'm 44 and in bed because my back hurts. I was folding a towel when it all started. I'm going to a female Doc tomorrow but I expect her fingers to remain well outside of my butt.

I'm only 25 and i've already had surgery on my back a few years ago. This was to remove some benign tumors that were pressing on a nerve by my shoulder. Surgeon couldn't get them all without doing more damage. So now occasionally the back freeks out and I have all kinds of nerve pain in my back from the ones the remain. Not even vicodine touched that pain. Usually it only lasts for a week or so but I don't really sleep during that entire week.
My body came with defects it seems.
Can't wait to get old and have all those other old man issues on top of this one.

After reading all of the issues you guys have it makes mine seem small.

I am 23 and I have lower back/hip issues that migrate from left to right at random. I've been to two chiro's, a world class ortho, and a world class phys therapist, and my primary care phys and can't get a straight answer on what's wrong with my lower back. I have been told that I have a leg that is 11mm shorter than the other causing my issues to having SIJ Dysfunction to just having a hypermobile back that shifts out of place randomly.

I had sore back issues throughout high school. Always lower back, usually occurring after grueling football practices or games. When I went to college I got a waterbed and the pain became a very steady ache that was at its worst upon waking. I decided to get a regular bed but before I got around to it, the pain subsided, then went away. After that I went 23 years without so much as a hitch in my back.

I attribute this to the waterbed exercising my back through its inherent lack of support to the point where the right muscles got toned.

not the greatest pics but what I have on hand . Just noticed I left a set of roof jacks on the roof I did the roof last fall

They say the mind is the second thing to go!

I'm 29, and I know I have a good shot at hereditary heart and back problems, so I'm trying to keep an eye on what I eat and exercise more. So far it's generic "I use the computer too much" and some tendonitis in the knee, which can mostly be solved by exercise and stretches. To be fair, I had serious asthma as a kid, and outgrew it by 18, so I started off "meh" and have improved. Except for one kidney stone. I stepped up how much water I drink, no way in hell do I want to repeat that!

OK. I'm 45. Had a disk removed from my back when I was 31. I have bone spurs in my hip, significant arthritis in both knees (at times, they crack with each step). I've had gout in my foot. 3 Kidney stones, including one that was 6 millimeters across. That one required a stent to be inserted between my kidney and bladder, and, gentlemen, there is only one access point for that particular procedure :mad: (Insertion under general anesthesia, removal under local)

I still mow the lawn sometimes, play volleyball weekly, and help out with my sons soccer teams. I'm also my family's go to guy for home improvements.

Yeah, I hurt at times, but that's what beer and the hot tub are for! :drunk:

Back