Suggestions for American Cream/Blonde Ale Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I just want a nice, crisp American Ale. It'll be my first kegged beer and I'm wanting to drink it w/ some friends 3 weeks from the time Brew (I'm thinking 1 week in primary, 1.5 conditioning in carboy, .5 in keg). Gonna taste good?

Any recommendations for recipes? I saw Jamil's Recipe but I'm not too stoked about adding fruit syrup.

3 weeks is not a lot of time from grain to glass. I would go no higher than 5% but I think it would be pretty green.

Don't even secondary it, just cool it out before racking to a keg.

Blender said:
3 weeks is not a lot of time from grain to glass. I would go no higher than 5% but I think it would be pretty green.

Don't even secondary it, just cool it out before racking to a keg.

"cool it out"?

Blender said:
Yeah, crash cool it to drop sediment and yeast. It makes for a clearer transfer. I don't have a fridge but use an ice bath.

Okay-- So let me make sure I'm getting all of this. You suggest Fermenting in the primary for 2 weeks or so. At the end of it drop the temp down to high 30's for 24-48 hours to drop the sentiment...then throw it in the keg, force carbonate, and put it in the fridge for a week to keg condition?

Stevorino said:
Okay-- So let me make sure I'm getting all of this. You suggest Fermenting in the primary for 2 weeks or so. At the end of it drop the temp down to high 30's for 24-48 hours to drop the sentiment...then throw it in the keg, force carbonate, and put it in the fridge for a week to keg condition?
Yep, I always let my beers sit in primary for 2 weeks or more. The cooling will help a lot clearing it up.

Back