Spray Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dean

Reaction score
Okay, I just wanted to add this because it's something that, until yesterday, I didn't think would be important.

I was at Home Depot yesterday looking for parts to make my own stirplate since Radio Shack doesn't actually carry anything except cell phones and remote control cars. Anyway, walking through I noticed a $1.98 spray bottle and decided to grab it for sanitizing equipment.

Today, as I'm stepping up a starter and spliting it to store that darn sprayer is a miracle. I filled it up from my big ol' bucket of dilluted Star San and used it to wet down the mason jars I was using. Once I was done I sprayed down the kitchen counter. At the end of that, I used probably less than a cent worth of Star San and I'm confidant that everything was sanitized.

I'm happy with my spray bottle.

Be careful of spray bottles! Make sure you don't fill one normally reserved for plain water with...oh, say ....vinegar!!!

(Rdwj did this. We both had sprayed down our boil-overs a dozen times before we noticed.)

Ah.... a spray bottle for boil-over prevention. That's a fine idea. Means I'll have to label my StarSan spray bottle now. :)

I got a nice greenhouse spray bottle, with a wide mouth that makes it easier to fill.

+1 on labelling it so the wife doesn't try to clean mirrors with it ;)

Cheesefood said:
Be careful of spray bottles! Make sure you don't fill one normally reserved for plain water with...oh, say ....vinegar!!!

(Rdwj did this. We both had sprayed down our boil-overs a dozen times before we noticed.)

Something I'm NEVER going to live down - lol

Yes, labeling your water bottle with, let's say "WATER", will make eliminate the chance of future mistakes. I use one for sanitizer too - great idea and if you use Star San because it will keep for weeks if not longer.

bradsul said:
I have 2, one of which has STARSAN written in big black lettering on the side. The other gets used for water for boil-over prevention.

I just use my starsan spray bottle for boil overs. Guess water would be cheaper, but it is not like I use a whole bunch.

Back