Favorite Hop Combo for PA/IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbus and Amarillo is one of my favorite combinations. One of the guys in our local homebrew club, along with a local brewery, won the GABF ProAm with his Columbarillo IPA recipe. That was a very nice beer and motivated me to try the same hop combination.

It depends what character I'm looking for. I like a number of flavors/aromas. Not just one. If I had a gun to my head, maybe Citra & Amarillo.

This is making me thirsty. I don't know the different hops yet really but hoping to learn that with brewing. I LOVE hoppy beers and there are some out there I'd love to be able to identify what hops they are using in them.

Simcoe Amarillo is peanut butter and chocolate. Second place would be centennial and cascade.

Depends on what I'm going for.

I think my current fav is Styrian Goldings/Strisselspalt. Haven't used it in an IPA, but I did in a hoppy saison. Might make a killer Belgian IPA

But I also like:

Amarillo/Centennial
Chinook/Cascade
Amarillo/Willamette
Fuggles/EKG

Latest posts

Back