Beer in c02 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
Hey guys I just kegged a brew and when I went to purge the 02 some beer backed up into the c02 line.

I put the pressure higher and got some c02 in the keg but should I pull the lines and clean them somehow?

Thanks!

Tim

I pulled the lines and ran some hot water and some starsan through them and they are out drying. I assume this is the best thing to do since the beer could get moldy in the c02 line.

If I'm missing something else I should do please let me know.

Thanks.

T

I pulled the lines and ran some hot water and some starsan through them and they are out drying. I assume this is the best thing to do since the beer could get moldy in the c02 line.

If I'm missing something else I should do please let me know.

Thanks.

T

It won't get moldy in the co2 line- pure co2 is inhospitable to microbes. However, it would be much worse if the beer backed up to your regulator! I assume you have check valves installed, to protect your regulator but it wouldn't hurt to make sure your regulator is dry inside.

That's happened to me when I had a keg at higher pressure than my regulator was set at. I try to be more careful, but I'm glad that I do have the check valves installed.

I don't have check valves or at least I don't think so because I wouldn't know what they look like. I'm using the cheesy regulator that came with the kegerator when I bought it 6 years ago.

Back