New is nice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a new brew pot from Northern Brewer. This is really petty and I should just let it go, but I'm curious what you would do. There are a couple of really minor dents in the bottom of the pot. A can of LME was up against the pot with only the pots plastic wrap between them. The dents are nothing more then I’ll end up doing myself, it’s just that getting new stuff is always nice. So, would you let NB know that their packing left a little to be desired, or just get on with brewing?

PotDent1.jpg

If it were me, I would write them a courteous note telling them what happened. I wouldn't bother with sending the pot back or anything, but they would probably want to know for future packing arrangements. Also, they may send you a gift certificate or fittings or something. Giving companies feedback about their products and service is never a bad thing. IMHO

Boerderij Kabouter said:
If it were me, I would write them a courteous note telling them what happened. I wouldn't bother with sending the pot back or anything, but they would probably want to know for future packing arrangements. Also, they may send you a gift certificate or fittings or something. Giving companies feedback about their products and service is never a bad thing. IMHO

+1 very sound advice. Like you said it's minor. Get to brewing. :mug:

Giving companies feedback about their products and service is never a bad thing.

That sound like a good plan. I’m not looking for anything in return. It was just that initial let down. The grains, yeast and the rest of what I need for this week’s brew were all fine. And the shipping and delivery were really fast. This is my second order from NB, I had been getting most of my supplies from Midwest, but they have been a little slow getting stuff all the way to New Jersey and I worry about the yeast. This is not something that would stop me from using NB.

Thanks

Just an update on this.

I did send Northern Brewer a note explaining what happened, but asking for nothing in return. They were nice enough to give me a credit for over 50% of the purchase price.

Great people, good business!

That's what good business's do when people are cool about things. You could have sent a rant to them and probably got nothing in return other then a "thank you for letting us know what happened". I'm sure they appreciate your notifying them.

Loop

Thats great, I love doing business with company's like that. Oh well hell I need to log onto there site and buy something now...lol

Latest posts

Back