Christmas Winter Warmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hrahn1995

Reaction score
Hey i dont do alot of beers, im a mead guy but im gonna be doing my batch at the end of the month as a christmas/ winter spice themed batch so im gonna be having a Spiced Cranberry Mead, Spiced Pumpkin Mead, A Winter Warmer and something else. the idea is they will be ready or close to ready by christmas. So now i get to my question, can someone with experience in Spiced brews take a look at this recipe?

Winter Warmer: 1 Gallon
1lb Dark Dry Malt, (1/2 lightly toasted in oven)
.5lb Priming Sugar
.2lb Wild Flower Honey
1tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/8 tsp ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Amylase

I dont ahve the ability to do a boil so im using the amylase to get a nice dry ale. i believe this should turn out to be around 9-10% abv. im not sure about the amount of the spices or if cloves would be good but i know i want nutmeg and probably cinnamon. Thanks everyone, Happy Brewing

I am also planning to brew a Winter Warmer with some nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, but I don't know what hops I'm going to use. Do you plan on using hops? Do you have a yeast selected? I'm thinking I'll just go with US-05 (SafAle).

I do, however, plan to boil and I plan to make this an all-grain 5 gallon batch.

I'm hoping some experienced and seasoned spiced ale brewers weigh in on this!

Yeah im a mead maker so i dont have a typical Ale yeast and that also why i dont have the equipment for allgrain. i only make a few beers a year probably maybe 1 every 2 batches (i do 4 1 gallon batches for 2 months at a time). The hops i plan on using are Cascade, i have some warrior but im gonna use those for at least a bitter hopped mead, and a Bochet Braggot. Happy Brewing

Latest posts

Back