It works!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman002

Reaction score
Just finished my simplified control panel...plugged it in to my spa panel and, wonder of wonders it works...and no smoke. The e-stop works like a charm and snaps everything off in milliseconds. So cool.
Now all I need to do is hole my kettle and install the element and build a cart to put it all on. My thanks to P-J for drawing the schematic and all who answered my questions.

Rich

005.jpg

007.jpg

Good work - it's always nice when you plug something you build in, and none of the magic smoke escapes.

Sweet - that's pretty much the same simple design I was planning on using....I was wondering if the Auber box would be big enough, I like how the PID hole is already cut but I knew it wasn't exactly a huge box....I also might add an outlet for a pump, but could probably fit that on there too, maybe even put the actual outlet on the side with the switch on the front. I want to keep as many of the connections as possible on the front of the box like you, I don't want to have too much stuff attached to the top where it would be complicated to open the box back up and take the top off.

I was also debating if the on/off switch for the PID is really necessary, I can't really think of a time when the control box will be on/live, but I would want the PID off.....

I was also debating if the on/off switch for the PID is really necessary, I can't really think of a time when the control box will be on/live, but I would want the PID off.....

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either but it was on the drawing so I put it in. There should be room on the side for a 110 outlet. I put my RTD sensor hookup on the side and my 220 outlet in the back.

Rich

Banjoman002 said:
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either but it was on the drawing so I put it in. There should be room on the side for a 110 outlet. I put my RTD sensor hookup on the side and my 220 outlet in the back.

Rich

Great job easy and simple and straight forward man that might be the smallest ebuild?

Back