Protecting wires from burner heat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunhog

Reaction score
Hi,
I am tweaking my new brew stand and have found that the pump wires and control box are getting way too hot. This is due to both conductive and radiated heat. I moved the box way down on the leg so that problem should be solved for now. My biggest worry is the cords from the Chugger pumps into the junction box. They are underneath the burner by at least a foot but still get too warm. What are my options? Maybe some sort of heat reflective tape and just cover the cord? Here are some pics....http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34798&id=102323289804018

Thanks. Al

I'm looking into some glass braided wire for my temperature sensors. This site shows prices for their thermocouple wire in the 1-99 ft range, so I'm going to see if they sell to the public. The thermocouple wire is rated to 800-1000 F temp, but the gauge is only 20 - 24, so it's not big enough for 110V pumps.

Plastic Process Equipment
Thermocouple Wire

They do have HI-TEMPERATURE WIRE in higher gauges rated for 400-800 F temps.

HI-TEMPERATURE WIRE

Latest posts

Back