Help me decide...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im a sucker for blondes.. everyone that comes over will drink the blonde also. Its great for the BMC crowd to get into'd into homebrew

Go with the blonde. "Not much flavor, not much bitterness, not much of anything to tell you the truth" is enough to back away from the american light. Do it for pride in home brewing and if you do have "those" people that resist change, buy a backup 12 pack of miller light.

I think I agree with the other guys, if you are looking for flavorless beer you should just buy some Bud Lights and save yourself the trouble.

You sure can brew a BMC sort of type that is well worth drinking and a nice introduction to the world craft brew. Look at Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale or Yoopers Fizzy Yellow Beer in the recipe section. Given the two that you are considering at the moment I would sure go with the Blond. You can sure go to a German Pilsner but that will take more of an effort.

I've brewed that American Lite kti before, and I thought it was pretty good. Much more flavor than a BMC. I served it to both BMC drinkers (most notably my SWMBO) and my fellow beer snobs, and everyone liked it.

That said, I think you would do more to convert the BMC drinkers to the good side of the force by introducing them to the blonde with a little more complexity (isn't that sad commentary, when the blonde is the complex option.....what's the first thing a blonde does every morning??? Goes home!!!).

My BMC friends also really liked the Belgians and Copper Ales I've made, if you want a few more options.

Just be careful, you may increase their weekly beer budget from $9.99 to $30.00!

Go for the blonde. Why encourage people to drink lite beer? Have fun:mug:
Are the More Beer kits good?:)

Back