Hello from Tampa, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmuggs

Reaction score
Great forum! I can't even count the number of nights in the past few weeks that I've been up until 4AM reading through a multitude of threads.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I'm currently living in Tampa, FL with my wife and two dogs. I cannot believe how time flies but I've been on hiatus from brewing for about 6 years and just started getting back in to it again recently. I started into this wonderful obsession I call a hobby about 14 years ago in Tallahassee, FL with a basic kit from John at the Homebrew Den and worked my way up to all grain shortly after. It really felt great to brew again this past weekend (Imperial IPA). The neighbors thought I was making moonshine heh

Thanks again for such a great place to share knowledge. Prost!

Welcome from St Pete.

If you haven't already, you have to check out Southern Brewing off of Busch Blvd. The guys there are VERY knowledgeable and will help you out with anything you need. They have a massive grainbill and hop selection, from what I'm told.

Welcome from St Pete.

If you haven't already, you have to check out Southern Brewing off of Busch Blvd. The guys there are VERY knowledgeable and will help you out with anything you need. They have a massive grainbill and hop selection, from what I'm told.

Thanks! I've been to SB twice now. It was a little hard to find at first because its in an industrial complex in the back. I really like the way that they have it set up. The grain bins are all numbered and ordered in such a way that you can easily find and weigh what you need. And you are right, they have a great selection of both grains and hops. There is also a cool bar area set up with a few beers on tap. All in all I am very pleased to have SB as my LHBS and will continue to support them!

Welcome aboard!
My addition started back in 95, also with the basic kit from The Homebrew Den.

Small world! HD was located in a small shop near Lake Ella at that time, but has moved a few times since then. Where is he located now? Last I saw the shop was in a strip mall off Mahan but I heard that he was moving again. I'll have to drop in the next time I'm in town and say hi.

I haven't been to Dunderbak's yet. That's where Tampa BEERS meet right?

Small world! HD was located in a small shop near Lake Ella at that time, but has moved a few times since then. Where is he located now? Last I saw the shop was in a strip mall off Mahan but I heard that he was moving again. I'll have to drop in the next time I'm in town and say hi.

They did move to a space next to Momo's Pizza near Market Street on the north side of town. Much bigger space, and really convenient.

lol

I really want to check it out. It's a pain in the ass to navigate traffic over the bridges on a weekday. Maybe me and the wife will brave it a little closer to the holidays.

There are a handful of REALLY good bars on the Pinellas side if you ever head over here. They tend to keep me on this side of the bridge.

Peg's Cantina in Gulfport...they have a good selection at reasonable prices. The brewer there works for Cigar City too.
The Independent in downtown St Pete...GREAT selection. A little pricey, but they rotate the draft choices with hard to find brews.
BJ's Brewhouse in Pinellas Park...GREAT food, and really good house brews. Their Porter is one of the best that I've ever had!
Brew Garden in Clearwater...A large array of Belgian beers. It's set inside of an old starbucks, so you can pretty much picture the vibe.
Northeast Tavern in St Pete...they have about 20 beers on tap and a decent amount of bottles. Good prices too.
The Undertow on St Pete Beach...if you ever go out to the beaches, this place is like party central on the weekends. With the type of crowd they have there, they have a surprisingly good selection of craft beers.

Yep. First Tuesday of the month. http://www.tampabaybeers.org/.

You have to go check out Dunderbak's if not for the great beer selection, the food is excellent as well. I am so craving some snitzel with spaetzel and red cabbage! hah

SCHNITZELHAUS on Waters has far better schnitzel. Mr. Ds has much wider selection of food and beer. BTW, join the BEERS club and save 10% on grain at southern brewing.

SCHNITZELHAUS on Waters has far better schnitzel. Mr. Ds has much wider selection of food and beer. BTW, join the BEERS club and save 10% on grain at southern brewing.

I agree that the Schnitzelhaus has great food. I haven't been there in so long. Interesting to know that by joining tampa BEERS club will net me an extra 10% off my next order at Southern Brewing. I'm in need of a bag of MO soon.

BTW to the OP, welcome to HBT. From your Central Florida neighbor. :mug:

Back