What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to save a bottle from a 6er I picked up a couple months ago. Then decided to drink it.

20130113_211653[1].jpg

Think hes talking about the couch and the white u's for eyes? I felt like I was looking for one of those lazy eye puzzle pics trying to find it.:) Think Im seeing it.

jonmohno said:
Think hes talking about the couch and the white u's for eyes? I felt like looking for one of those lazy eye puzzle pics trying to find it.:)

Ugh, I hate those I can never see them, maybe cause I'm colorblind

First look at that picture and I thought there was a humongous cat face in the background.

Hahaha. I saw it too! First thing I saw, then I looked at the beer :rockin:

This has been a great Sunday Fun-day. Drinking great beer all day with no flack from the Wife. Nice. She is busy working so I get to play haha. :fro:

Rogues Hazelnut Brown. Had a foamer opening it,which is unusual. Gotta say the fresh tap of this I had was amazing compared to this partial bomber Im trying. The aroma is nutty but cornchips as well,more watery thinner and dryer with a bland finish. Nothing at all compared to the tap version. I would be a big disbeliever in this had I not tried it from a fresh tap. Im not one to completly judge a beer overall from the first bottle I try but it is so black and white comparably.

allenH said:
How did you get ahold of it in MO? (White oak is good, humidor is amazing)

I ordered it from Luekens Liquors. I will definitely be ordering from them again. I'm back to Red Chair.

Rogues Hazelnut Brown. Had a foamer opening it,which is unusual. Gotta say the fresh tap of this I had was amazing compared to this partial bomber Im trying. The aroma is nutty but cornchips as well,more watery thinner and dryer with a bland finish. Nothing at all compared to the tap version. I would be a big disbeliever in this had I not tried it from a fresh tap. Im not one to completly judge a beer overall from the first bottle I try but it is so black and white comparably.

The clone kit rogue sells leaves much to be desired as well. When swmbo first showed interest in brewing this was one of her favorite beers so I picked up the extract kit from them to start her off, wasn't impressed.

The clone kit rogue sells leaves much to be desired as well. When swmbo first showed interest in brewing this was one of her favorite beers so I picked up the extract kit from them to start her off, wasn't impressed.

That sucks. Those kits seem generally pretty pricey,from what i remember. It was really awesome on tap- I did happen to get the first pour also.Its making me get more and more excited about getting a 3 gallon kegging system soon.:tank:

That sucks. Those kits seem generally pretty pricey,from what i remember. It was really awesome on tap- I did happen to get the first pour also.Its making me get more and more excited about getting a 3 gallon kegging system soon.:tank:

Yeah, I mean it aged okay into a decent brown after the nut flavor faded, but the hazelnut flavor was way off, tasted almost stale.

I think the kit was 60 bucks. The price wasn't a big deal really because what's 60 bucks to teach the boss basic brewing? And the sub part results didn't discourage her thankfully, she now does 3 tier all grain solo batches!

Kegging is a beautiful thing you will love it.

Its been a stout kind of night. SWMBO decided to cut out the desserts for the new year, so I'm replacing them with tasty beers!

image-3872772065.jpg

End of the World Midnight Wheal Ale, by Shock Top. The chili and spice additions were intriguing at the supermarket, it's actually pretty good. Honestly, i'm just waiting until my homebrew kicks back into cycle...if I time it right I should soon be getting 5 gallons of fresh brew every 3 weeks! :tank:

So, you were like this. Only with better beer?
catBeer.jpg

Had to save that pic for wallpaper folder! Just too cool. I'm drinkin coffee now. But had Leinenkugel's lemon berry shandy & Oskar Blue's Dale's pale ale over the weekend with vodka. Gunna star savin beer drinkin for weekends. I found out that too much alcohol weekens your bones. With bad joints,I think my body needs a lil break from sip sip every afternoon.:drunk:

Back