What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is mine.

I read somewhere that IPA goes well with cheese. How does that make you feel?

Red River and lemonade. I don't always put stuff in my whiskey, but when I do, drive I should not. :drunk:

Working on my 3rd Two Hearted. I could go for cheese. Or grilled cheese. Not picky. :D

5 day weekend starts now. Golden road 329 lager.

Christmas is over. Go home, you're drunk! :p

Got the old beast running. Yippe-i-o-kayee-martha-floccer's. Not smoothly at all with plenty of stalls (and bleeding knuckles), but I did get to use it on some snow. Even got down to pavement in a few spots! :what::eek:

I had a few more beers that I guess I didn't have since I didn't take pics (including a floccing excellent HB historic IPA that used 11 oz of EKG in a 2.5 gallon batch), so we'll consider this a nightcap (my glass is on the right - shhh don't tell wifey):

I never give it any consideration. The pours for judging are so small you generally don't see lacing. As far as the head goes, points are awarded for texture, color, and head retention. Can you imagine if we judged samples large enough to notice any lacing that might show? :tank::drunk: That's not to say I don't enjoy good lacing, I just don't consider it when judging.

I consider it when judging when appropriate (belgians and IPAs specifically), but like I said, it's only 3 points anyway, so lacing is maybe a half point in the grand scheme of things.

Got the old beast running. Yippe-i-o-kayee-martha-floccer's. Not smoothly at all with plenty of stalls (and bleeding knuckles), but I did get to use it on some snow. Even got down to pavement in a few spots! :what::eek:

As I've read all the problems you've been having with that thing, I just kept thinking of this. I would've probably beaten the crap out of that snowblower a long time ago. :D
http://youtu.be/dLk-3HPS12Q

You're half right, working on getting the other 1/2 correct for you. Don't blame me for Christmas lights, blame these guys.
View attachment 255791

Hahaha enjoy the vacation!

As I've read all the problems you've been having with that thing, I just kept thinking of this. I would've probably beaten the crap out of that snowblower a long time ago. :D
http://youtu.be/dLk-3HPS12Q

Yup. That's what I'd love to do to it, but I know it won't help me when we get more snow over the next week. It's running at like 50% now, which sucks as I need it at 100%, so I'll be checking out everything online to find a solution. Like smashing the damn thing like the video hahaha :D

Coffee. Actually @Billy-Klubb - you are late as hell this morning? Quaffii checkin-in after 4? Did you already get your hours in for the week?! :confused:

unfortunately, no. I'm doing 50 hours this week. I should have my hours in by 11:30 tomorrow. and when it's 4 for you, it's 3 for me. woooohoooo!!! let the good times roll!

Coffee.

The morning after realization that I ate half a can of pringles last night and the proclamation that I really need to do better.

Cofee, paper cup. Tastes roasty, medium/hot (temperature) mouthfeel. Hint of wood pulp from I am guessing the cup. Kinda roasty, little bitterness, medium bodied. Appearance: No lacing or head whatsoever slightly opaque dark reddish brown to almost black and leaves a brownish residue on the sides of the cup behind it.

Hint of mango hops. No wait, that was just a leftover burp from last night.

Just got back to my desk, had to run away for 20 minutes or so to monkey with a monitor. It has all changed now. Lukewarm, bit of astringency, acidic. Tastes remeniscent of what you would find to be available in a police station in the 80s. A couple errant coffee grounds wallowing in the bottom of the cup pretending they are the prize inside your box of crackerjacks. A stronger papery finish that really accentuates the quality of the roast.

unfortunately, no. I'm doing 50 hours this week. I should have my hours in by 11:30 tomorrow. and when it's 4 for you, it's 3 for me. woooohoooo!!! let the good times roll!

Some days I wish you guys could see how ridiculous my job is. I spent two hours in a car to do a half hour or work and have been standing around since. Oh well, the guy I am working with is pretty funny at least. Taking tomorrow off.

Really bad factory coffee.

It is amazing what a week is like when you actually get a full night of sleep. I think I actually smiled once already today, which is funking weird. Got ingredients last night for a partial mash, so excited I won't be able to concentrate for the rest of the day.

The coffee even tastes good to me right now and it is the same as it has always been.

Yo. Look. I passed it a lot because I thought it was left hand.
Aroma: super sour. In a great way.
Head: none, like my Friday night.
Color: dark, like I like 'em.
Taste: sour, tart, not much roast from a stout. I feel it's an exceptional sour though. Can't taste the 8%, which is dangerous.
Mouthfeel: thinner than I expected but right in line with a sour.
View attachment 255776

Sorry for the nagging . I didnt want to miss the review if you had it already. Hoped you enjoyed it :rockin:

Have you had Wild Devil? There's still some sitting around here and I've never had it. Was wondering if it's worth getting for the funk of the Brett even though the hops will have faded.

I bought one, but heard it wasn't too funky so it's sitting on a shelf in my basement

I had one not long after it was released. Not much funk in it at all (and the hops weren't all that either.) I have another one aging to see if it at least gets funky.

I could really go for a tall can of Carton Regular Coffee. Alas, that's not happening anytime soon.
Another cup of 'regular' coffee.

Pipe down and just turn your Nickelback up to drown out your co-workers. :D

I had one not long after it was released. Not much funk in it at all (and the hops weren't all that either.) I have another one aging to see if it at least gets funky.

Pipe down and just turn your Nickelback up to drown out your co-workers. :D

Ugh, Id rather chew on some bullets then listen to Nickleback on purpose. I'd rather root for the Cowboys then listen to Nickleback. Id rather...what else is totally gross...I would rather clean @Finsfan keyboard then listen to Nickleback.

Sorry for the nagging . I didnt want to miss the review if you had it already. Hoped you enjoyed it :rockin:

No nagging at all. I recall you asked before and I had been drinking quite a bit. I try to drink other people's home brew when I'm more upright. :) It was good. It actually reminded me of a flanders red, kind of. Thank you for sharing it.

Water. This day just turned to ****. I wonder if I am allowed to tell people I have no more room to take on additional **** show projects.

Cofee, paper cup. Tastes roasty, medium/hot (temperature) mouthfeel. Hint of wood pulp from I am guessing the cup. Kinda roasty, little bitterness, medium bodied. Appearance: No lacing or head whatsoever slightly opaque dark reddish brown to almost black and leaves a brownish residue on the sides of the cup behind it.

Hint of mango hops. No wait, that was just a leftover burp from last night.

Just got back to my desk, had to run away for 20 minutes or so to monkey with a monitor. It has all changed now. Lukewarm, bit of astringency, acidic. Tastes remeniscent of what you would find to be available in a police station in the 80s. A couple errant coffee grounds wallowing in the bottom of the cup pretending they are the prize inside your box of crackerjacks. A stronger papery finish that really accentuates the quality of the roast.

giphy.gif

Ugh, Id rather chew on some bullets then listen to Nickleback on purpose. I'd rather root for the Cowboys then listen to Nickleback. Id rather...what else is totally gross...I would rather clean @Finsfan keyboard then listen to Nickleback.

Gross.

Coffee.

Back