So how many of you are im a alcoholics?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking how many of us are alcoholics? As in, you want an AA roll call???

I think you will find almost no alcoholics here. At least not any that would be proud enough to say anything. Every once in a while a member will have a problem, and stop the hobby to deal with it. That situation is far and few between.

Most people here, like beer for the craft and hobby sake of it. Not to get plowed. That is much better done with a cheap bottle of vodka and a country song.

No problem with it. I do it because I enjoy brewing. I have a garden because I like growing the things I eat not because I want to over eat.

life revolves around alcohol

What the hell are you talking about? Our lives revolve around alcohol? It is a hobby that many of us really enjoy but to say that our lives revolve around it is total bull****.

i know the sign says not to feed the trolls but I just can't help it.

Just wanted to know, considering the fact your life revolves around alcohol, how many of you have a problem with it?

My life revolves around trying to get laid. Alcohol is just for the failed attempts.

Seriously though, why would you say that our lives revolve around alcohol? I have other hobbies too, and my life certainly doesn't revolve around any of them either.

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

To answer the OP. My world literally revolves around alcohol. If I am near an alcoholic beverage, my sense of gravity becomes askew and I start orbiting the alcohol like a satellite. Then eventually I crash into the booze and transform into a drunken raging Hobo, complete with worn out shoes, and a bindle sack.

This hobby is way too much effort for an alcoholic. If you are, this is seriously the wrong place to be hanging out.

This hobby is way too much effort for an alcoholic. If you are, this is seriously the wrong place to be hanging out.

I think I have a new signature quote! That's exactly what I was thinking- all of the brewing calculations, dealing with boiling wort, yeast culturing, etc aren't worth a drunk. Plus, if you drink while brewing you can risk life and limb (and house).

I'm going to go into a gourmet cooking forum, and start a poll-

HOW MANY OF YOU ****ERS ARE FATSOs? Your life revolves around food, therefore you must be obese.

I'm going to go into a gourmet cooking forum, and start a poll-

HOW MANY OF YOU ****ERS ARE FATSOs? Your life revolves around food, therefore you must be obese.

Do you guys remember the person that came here and their first and only post was about real estate agents? Then someone went and posted on a couple realtor forums about home brewing? That just reminded me of that.

Looking at their first post it probably isn't a troll but still a rather odd 2nd post.

Just keep in mind that there are still a ton of people out there who don't understand the hobby. I'm only 22 and I had to beg my parents to get me brewing equipment for Christmas instead of clothes and useless consumer electronics bc they didn't want to encourage my drinking. Once they finally realized that I can walk down to the mini mart and buy a case of Natty Light for $12 every night if I want they wised up and got me a turkey fryer!

And judging by the extremely poor wording of the topic title this person was probably drunk anyways!

I think the best statement in found in MeatyPortion's sig:

and i dont drink my homebrew green not alot just some to taste test. you gotta do that yall know cause youre in the hobby. If i was a alcholic i would be drinking it right out the ferenter like a walrus with a bucket.

My name is LGI. I am a........

Oh!! Hold on! I see what's going on here! Dammit!

My name is LGI, I have a compulsion to breathe in and out. I have a garden because i like food, yet am not obese. I also like to frequent estate agent forums and i enjoy hobbies.

Ha! Nearly caught me out there! You sneaky little buggar you! ;)

my only problem with alcohol ( Beer) is that I cannot brew it all day everyday. The stupid job thing and life and other hobbies get in the way.:p

I've got family members who are straight up alcoholics, so I am always looking over my shoulder to make sure my love and hobby (beer and brewing) doesn't become an excuse or exercise for over-drinking.

I totally agree that most alcoholics couldn't get their sh*t together enough to brew, but I have seen it happen.

Most true beer aficionados and brewers have too much respect for beer to abuse it.

Im not trolling guys, and I am not posting drunk. I just wanted to know if any of you guys happen to turn into alcoholics because of home brewing (having 50+ bottles of delicious beer laying around and no one to drink them).

And sorry about the grammar error, I had a brain fart and could not edit it.

still sounds like troll talk.

so, if/when you buy a case of beer, do you just slam the whole case down because you have 24 beers?

ONLY 50?

nOOb!

the mere possession of copious quanities of beer does not equate to alcoholism. Most of us age our products to near perfection thus, the volume is justified to keep the beer flowing. Very few of us enjoy frat party style binge drinking. And many of us consume fewer than 2 or 3 pints a day.

Back