Rogue's new Beard Beer (yeast cultured from brewmasters John Maier's beard)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like hotdogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew[/QUOTE]

Roman: [while barbequing lobsters] How about the gourmet here, you know what he wanted? Hotdogs! You know what they make those things out of, Chet? You know? Lips and ********!

Sent from my van, down by the river.

You have to wonder though, if a brew buddy showed up with beard beer BEFORE rogue did it. I know I'd say cool, way to do it out of the box! I'd out a gimmick or just a funny guy? Hard to know.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

The donut beers aren't good. The beard beer is very good. I had it months ago (I live in oregon) and it is very complex and surprisingly flavorful.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I isolated and cultured this yeast, and its really amazing. A lot of the character from the beer comes from the yeast. It has a Belgian type character. Really good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have a decent five inch beard and a stash that hasn't been trimmed in half a year, every beer I drink I seem to get a dribble down the beard and screened through the soup saver. I am sure I have lots of beer yeast floatn around in my beard, not saying rogues yeast is not wild but I would say there is a chance it is from another beer he may have drank. Maybe breakfast beer before work.

Back