Brewing 10 year anniversary beer need ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daver77

Reaction score
We just celebrated our 9 year anniversary and my swimbo loves beer as much as I do. Was thinking about doing a special brew for our next anniversary the big 10.

Barley wine is out because you'd need more time between bulk aging and bottle conditioning.

What else is there. I'm wanting to do all grain, I have done 5 all grain bathes and am pretty comfortable with it and 5 gallons.

I was thinking about something that I can age and bottle condition from now to April 2012.

Maybe an Imperial Stout?

We like a variety of beers styles including Belgians.

I think you could do an English Barleywine and have it ready to go for next April. A nice Quad could be another fun brew to do now and have it ready for then.

English Barleywine?

I out this together on Beertools trying to keep the recipe simple but flavors complex. I really want this beer to have a great full body while maintaining it's head.

I figure 10 months in primary and 2 months bottled?

I also figured 10% ABV for 10 years of marriage?

Have at it:ban::mug:

15.0 lb (75.0%) Best Pale Ale Malt
3.0 lb (15.0%) Munich Malt
1.0 lb (5.0%) Crystal 60
1.0 lb (5.0%) Crystal 120
1.0 oz (25.0%) Target (10.0%) - added during boil, boiled 90 min
.75 oz (18.8%) East Kent Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 45.0 min
1.0 oz (25.0%) Fuggle (4.8%) - added during boil, boiled 20.0 min
1.25 oz (31.2%) East Kent Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 10.0 min
1.0 ea WYeast 1028 London Ale™

Original Gravity: 1.106
Terminal Gravity: 1.026
Color: 20.68 °SRM
Alcohol: 10.56%
Bitterness: 68.8

Thanks for the ideas axeman I was thinking about the quad but wouldn't even know where to start I would have to do research for that one.

Good idea though!

Do you remember some of what was served at your wedding? It might be fun to brew an Imperial version of a beer you enjoyed at the reception, just throwing that out there.

+1 on the Barleywine and Quad.

You can also have a lot of fun with an Imperial stout. They'll blend well with chocolate, or coffee, or you can pick up some oak chips/pieces and do a barrel aged stout.

Quad would be great. Something that you could open on your anniversary for the next 5+ years. Wax the top bombers to help minimize oxidation - plus it looks cool. Or go all out and cork and cage.

Or if you're into brett beers you could pitch some at bottling, and see how something like that changes over the years.

Back