What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if i like this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397790983.860221.jpg

Drinking an arrogant bastard. .. not so cocky now huh? Should have looked at the expiration date.. no hoppy aroma or flavour. All bitterness . Blah! My fault for not lookin

My last Gubna. I didn't realize how sweet this beer was until I drank it after 2 other IPA's..

Another little sumpin while delabeling bottles. Almost time for another. Gotta have clean, good lookin bottles for the all brett beer that's getting bottled this weekend though but dammit I hate delabeling bottles

Just cracked a bottle of one year old Caramel Apple Mead. A little sweet for my taste, but i I had to try it. I need to get another IA in the pipe!

Long night at work so decided to knock out my first Knuckle sandwich. Overly sweet, hides the alcohol pretty well but no real hop flavor from something pitched as a major hop bomb; severely unimpressed though I'm just hoping it was an older bottle.

Washing that down with an Almanac Gose ; glad I found one of these!

1397804919776.jpg

Gosh. Wine...seafood pasta...beer, IPA, a lavash so etching, home brew, blonde ale...yay!

and hot water?

Some of marks saison! Friggin killer easy drinker

Glad you enjoyed it! I would sit on the Riserva for a year at least.

Coffee ... thankfully only about half the team is working today so perhaps I won't get interrupted as much :)

Hot water? Nope. Just good food and booze. I dunno about the other quote. Another app failure it seems.

Water.

2nd cup of coffee during a series of conference calls. Laaaate flight in last night and it's too early for this.

At least the rest of the day should be quiet so I can make a run out to the LHBS later.

For some reason the cat loves conference calls. She always gets up and meows in my face whenever I'm on one. It's an annoying mystery.

Lemonade.

No hot water again despite the "fix" yesterday. Now they're saying that I need to wait for my next appointment...Tuesday. So happy to have a home warranty so I can delay repairs and wait around for people to do their job.

Coffee. After a 2 hour drive last night that took 7 hours. Darn catholic countries when everyone leaves the city to return home for Easter. Every roadside shack with food was packed to capacity, and there were vendors wandering in the stopped traffic hocking water and snacks at 300% markup.

Crushed a couple cervezas when I finally arrived. Now out for a run in a minute before heading back into the city to catch the flight home. Hoppy beers in my future!

2nd cup of coffee during a series of conference calls. Laaaate flight in last night and it's too early for this.

At least the rest of the day should be quiet so I can make a run out to the LHBS later.

For some reason the cat loves conference calls. She always gets up and meows in my face whenever I'm on one. It's an annoying mystery.

Your cat just wanted to show your coworkers who's the boss.

Lemonade.

No hot water again despite the "fix" yesterday. Now they're saying that I need to wait for my next appointment...Tuesday. So happy to have a home warranty so I can delay repairs and wait around for people to do their job.

That really sucks!

IBC Cream Soda with lunch while I plan out my 2014 Christmas beer.

I did a Porter for 2013 with a little vanilla and chocolate (OG only about 1.055). I'm thinking of using the same recipe but just going bigger with everything. OG around 1.080, more chocolate and more vanilla. I'm also thinking I'll add lactose.

I've never used lactose before. Will 1 pound for a 5 gallon batch be too much? I assume there is a significant difference in the mouth feel with lactose, right? Last year's was a little thin for my liking.

Latest posts

Back