Just kegged my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modernlifeisANDY

Reaction score
A hefeweizen. Had a near disaster where after purging the keg of CO2 I forgot to shut off the valve and drained my tank while racking the beer, but I was able to get it re-filled quickly and it's now hooked up and purring away. Then there was that whole hissing sound after I dropped the PSI a bit, but that stopped so it just must have been the pressure regulating itself out.

That was nerve-wracking. Here's hoping that I will have carbonated beer and not crap in my keg after a few days! :mug:

UPDATE: Tapped this monster today with a buddy, and god DAMN if having delicious beer on tap isn't one of my favorite things in the world. The hefeweizen came out excellent, perfectly cloudy with a great head and some awesome color/aroma. I'd post pictures, but I drank it too fast. Maybe tonight!

UPDATE: Tapped this monster today with a buddy, and god DAMN if having delicious beer on tap isn't one of my favorite things in the world. The hefeweizen came out excellent, perfectly cloudy with a great head and some awesome color/aroma. I'd post pictures, but I drank it too fast. Maybe tonight!

I try to keep Hefe on tap. I go through a LOT of it, but it's easy to make and quick to the keg.

:ban:

Back