Lifelong beer drinker from Pittsburgh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mak104

Reaction score
And a Steeler fan.I've had a draught system for 35 years and was thinking about taking a whack at home brewing.A Google search brought me here. Lots to learn.

And a Steeler fan.I've had a draught system for 35 years and was thinking about taking a whack at home brewing.A Google search brought me here. Lots to learn.

Welcome to HBT. As a new brewer myself, I can tell you this is certainly the best spot for good advice and guidance. Lots to read and learn. I have made 5 batches since joining this forum and plan to make many more.

What part of the burgh are you from? There are two great LHBS's in the Pittsburgh area when you decide to get started, check them out.

South Hills Brewing Supply and Country Wines

Good Luck.

Salute! :mug:

I'm really hungry for something from
Chiodo's
Home of the Mystery Sandwich
107 W. 8th Avenue
At the end of the Homestead Grays High Level Bridge over the Monongahela River.
Homestead, Pa. 15120

or the pretzel shop in the Southside
or Danny's or Mineo's hoagies and pizza
Or some good Pierogies

I'm really hungry for something from
Chiodo's
Home of the Mystery Sandwich
107 W. 8th Avenue
At the end of the Homestead Grays High Level Bridge over the Monongahela River.
Homestead, Pa. 15120

or the pretzel shop in the Southside
or Danny's or Mineo's hoagies and pizza
Or some good Pierogies

Your going to be hungry for a long time then cause Chiodo's is now a Rite-Aid or Pharmor or something like that. They tore that place down a few years ago. The end of an era. My better half and her family are from Homestead.

Sorry to be ther bearer of bad news bud!

However Danny's pizza on Rt 51 and Rt 88 are still going well. Excellent Pizza and Hoagies. There is a small Pierogie joint on Rt 51 in McKees Rocks that is fanstastic. Just a few miles from my home.

How long you be away from the Burgh?

Chiodo's gone..... Those Bastards

I got my tattoo's at Island Ave in McKees Rocks

I'm originally from a small town called Finleyville and I haven't been back since2002

The guy who owned that shop was someone I graduated with from Bethel Park. He now resides in Hawaii, I believe. His sister operates the place. My dad lived in Finleyville for many years before he passed away. My ex lives there now! And many of my family members are from South Park (Very close to Finleyville).

The guy who owned that shop was someone I graduated with from Bethel Park. He now resides in Hawaii, I believe. His sister operates the place. My dad lived in Finleyville for many years before he passed away. My ex lives there now! And many of my family members are from South Park (Very close to Finleyville).

Lived in Finleyville? What are there 900 people there

Back