I screwed up......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltruce

Reaction score
Brewed a Chocolate Milk Stout (Northern Brewer) about 4 or 5 weeks ago....bottled it last week and forgot to put add the chocolate to the bottling bucket.

Not much I can do about that I guess.....a little disappointed, but I'm sure it will be a great tasting Stout...just not a Chocolate Milk Stout.

Second srcew up is something I'm sure I can fix but I wanted to run it by the experts.

I brewed a English Brown Ale yesterday....I used WYEAST 1028 London Ale. Well I forgot to smack the pack until an hour or so before I needed it. I know I probably would have been fine, but I decided to warm it up a bit to get it going by sitting it out on my deck.

I'm sure I killed it....it was hot to the touch when I went outside to get it. I pitched it anyway, there has been no activity and it's been just under 24 hours. I know that it may take even longer under perfect conditions...and I plan on giving it another day to get started.

If it doesn't take off, can pitch a package of Munton's dry yeast (that's what I have on hand) and will it be OK. I think it would be fine but looking for some advice...

THANKS!!

Give it at least 2-3 days from pitching. If your yeast survived, they were stressed out, so maybe they just decided to relax for a little while, let them have some time. Keep it closed, and I would personally wait until day 5-6 with no activity and then pitch the muntons if it was mine. my $0.02

Back