Brewing at my party!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
So, I am having a house warming party that I've titled "Blues, Brews, and BBQs." The first "wave" of the party will feature a homebrewing session (accompanied by blues music and followed up with BBQ).

Anyway . . . I am trying to decide what to brew. So many of my friends/colleagues have always said that they want to see how I make my homebrew, so I responded with this party. I need a brew that is not too intensive since there will be so much other stuff going on. I also would like it to be something fairly universally enjoyable since I will probably offer samples of the finished product to those who were there.

I am thinking an APA.

Any suggestions. Anyone done this before - a homebrewing demonstration/party?

APA sounds about perfect: fairly simple grain bill and overall recipe, several hops additions, probably. Good demo beer plus pretty-much every beer lover likes that style at least OK, right?

sonvolt said:
Any suggestions. Anyone done this before - a homebrewing demonstration/party?

That is a great idea !!!

And, APA sounds about right. It will give you a simple beer that is enjoyed by many and you will have more than one hop addition (mabe even a hop steep at flame-out) which will have good instructional value. And your geuests can be drinking the samples as early as 4 weeks after brewing.

Kai

Yeah . . .that's about what I thought, too. I am making up a label right now. I will post it when I finish it.

Latest posts

Back