Priming when using Party-Star Mini Kegs and Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldpoltroon

Reaction score
Hi-

I'm getting ready to do my first bottling - using a couple of 5 liter party-star mini keg's and some bottles. I'm brand new to this so using kit's and trying to read instructions. The instructions for the keg's are saying use 1/3 cup corn sugar to prime. Instructions that come with the beer kits say to use 3/4 corn sugar (provided with the kit). Since I'm doing half bottles and half keg's, should I split the difference and use half a cup or divide the batch somehow and apply different quantities of corn sugar to each half?

Thanks-
matt

I do the same sometimes (split my batches between minikegs and bottles) Here's how I do it: You are actually supposed to use 3 oz / 5 G to prime for minikegs. So prime the whole batch with 3 oz. Fill your minis. Then you need slightly more sugar for the bottles. Do 1/2 oz more for each 12 pack. So if you fill 2 minis you should have 2 12s left for bottles so add 1 oz, 3 minis add 1/2 oz.

Back