Beer 30 Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zul'jin

Reaction score
Beer 30 Light
Melanie Brewing Company, USA

Drank from a 12oz purple aluminum can
Served refrigerator cold while taking a break from cutting grass

Price: Free to me. Buddy paid $14.99 for a 30 pack. Yeah, just under .50¢ each. Cheap :drunk:

Pour and color. He poured his in a regular beer mug. Sorta fizzy with a fast disappearing white head. No lacing. The color was that of a mildly under hydrated man's urine.

Taste. Ever had Keystone Light? You know that watery Coors Light taste it has? Well, this was like that but not watery. And lighter in flavor. Kind of corny. A bit sweet. Not overly carbonated. Surprisingly, it was mildly refreshing. Side note- It was 102F outside and I was cutting grass when I stopped to drink this unexpected free beer.

Overall. Not near as bad tasting as the can looks. Didn't taste anything like grape soda, like the can could lead one to expect.

Beer 30 = BAD as I recall.

And yes the can looks like Flavor flavs grape soda brand with the giant clock on the front of it. Also I recall paying 11.99 for a 30 pack about a year ago. Bad mistake.

ancient bump but can people please discuss this company - "city brewery" or "melanie brewing". they are in my books the most bizarre/worst brewer in the entire world.
http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/city-brewery-melanie-brewing-co/214/
if you've ever had one of their products you'd know, they make an insane variety of ultra low quality ghetto booze with funny/wierd names or concepts. they use a lot of cheapo but gimmicky marketing to get attention

they make a few decent beers, so it seems that they can make good beer they just don't want to. i remember having some of their various malt liquors in the past and remarking on the silliness of them

anyone else have experiences with them?

Back