Recent discussion with citizen...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaWolf-Brewery

Reaction score
Them: Officer, the neighbors dog is loose and was trying to bite me.

Me: Alright, what neighbors house?

Them: (Point out house)

Me: Ok, I will go take care of the problem.

Them: Yeah, it almost killed my dog two years ago.

Me: Ok, I will go solve the issue.

Them: The other neighbors have kids, this dog really needs to get chain up.

Me: Got it, this dog is bad. Ill go take care of it.

Them: I cant even take my dogs out on a walk cause it will attack them.

Me: Got it, bad dog.

Them: I dont know why something hasnt been done about the dog before?

Me: I have no idea this is my first call on it, as soon as I leave here I will solve the issue.

Them: Yeah you should, I am scared to leave the house.

Me: Very clear, I can go take care of that for you if you would like?

Them: If you are going to be rude dont worry about it!

Me: Clear

What is the issue with people? Do they want the problem solved or do they just want someone to talk to. After 10 years it never gets old.

Did you taze the dog? Shoot it? Or just say to heck with it? Lol. I think they were just trying to vent years of frustration and you were the first person of authority to listen

Tazing dogs doesnt work out well. While we do have to shoot our fair share this wasnt the case. I just talked to the neighbor and passed it along to animal control.

So after all that, what did you do that took care of the problem? I'm not sure there is anything you could have done besides pass it on, but I'm betting he didn't think you would take his problem seriously unless he expanded on it.

tazing dogs doesnt work? or they might die?

yeah, people are stupid

No the tazer doesnt kill dogs, but once its done cycling the dog always jumps up and runs away breaking the leads but the probes are left in their skin. It doesnt look good to have dogs running around with tazer probes left in them! In the end the neighbor chained up the dog, was advised up leash laws and that AC would contact them and issue a citation.

oh. that makes sense. i always wondered how they get the probes out of you after you get tazed? that seems like it would be as bad as getting tazed in the first place. they're barbed aren't they?

They are barbed like a straight fish hook. But your skin is so numb from the volts that you dont feel them being pulled out. Trust me the yanking of the barbs is nothing compared to the ride.

Was the citizen elderly? That totally sounds like what an old, lonely person would do just to get human contact.

I do tech support and some times people will ***** and moan for 5+ min straight instead of actually letting me get into their computer and start fixing the problem. Then usually 1/2 way through fixing the issue I get to listen to another 5min of the SAME exact thing over again... I'm ALREADY fixing the issue.

I work with the public too and I've largely found that most people have a burning desire to have their BS validated by someone or some organization. I have learned to never, ever underestimate the pettiness of some people.

funny thing about the taser in my job. If it comes to the point that i use the taser on you, then we are going to secure you and remove the barbs. At some point after that I am going to expect you to be cooperative enough to allow me to take pictures of the signature marks. Most of the time, they are cooperative shortly after, everyone comes around eventually.

funny thing about the taser in my job. If it comes to the point that i use the taser on you, then we are going to secure you and remove the barbs. At some point after that I am going to expect you to be cooperative enough to allow me to take pictures of the signature marks. Most of the time, they are cooperative shortly after, everyone comes around eventually.

Same procedure here, it is amazing how the taser can turn an a-hole into a cooperative person.

I've learned that when dealing with people, before even a word is shared, it's safe to assume that they are an idiot. 90% of the time you'll be correct.

Back