Brewing in Champaign-Urbana, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyloser

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm a student at U of Illinois and my buddy and I are new to brewing. Right now we've got a stout made from an extract kit thats been sitting in secondary for about a day now. I'm thinking we'll give it 2 weeks or so in secondary, bottle it, wait a week and then drink it. sound ok?

any members of the BUZZ (beerclub) here?

may not be that great after only a week. i'd go for three weeks in the bottle to make sure it is fully carbonated. the longer, the better, but the 1-2-3 (1 in primary, 2 in secondary, 3 in bottle) rule seems to work well. The hard part is waiting the three weeks if you don't have any homebrew to drink in the meantime.:mug:

I agree. Hold it in the bottle for at least 2 weeks prior to drinking. Otherwise, it'll taste "green" and a bit sweet.

BTW, good to see another IL resident on here (even if it is at UofI) (I'm an ex-Saluki--although I graduated residency at a UofI residency, and am now an associate clinical faculty member with UofI)

Latest posts

Back