Lookout! Another n00b is loose in the forums!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spad31

Reaction score
*Raises glass*

Howdy gang. Was into brewing years ago and let it slip away. Enjoyed Dude's hospitality thanks to Yuri_Rage last night. Was a kick ass time and great homebrews enjoyed all around. (Have you checked Dude's profile pics and seen the bar? Holy crap! The setup! He's now singlehandedly responsible for my wife's upcoming aggravation when I remodel the house to shamelessly copy him!) Now I have the bug again and am hoping to learn to do it all the right way. (With Yuri's unknowing build-skill help;))
So, come on...poke fun of the n00b and throw spears and let's get to the good cross talk about making beer. My first project will be a hoppy pale ale (my fav), so send me tips and recipes about how to do it all from scratch. Difficulty: All I have of my original equipment is a couple of glass 5gal carboys, and assorted hoses, hydrometers, etc. I never reached the grind-grain-and-buy-hops level years ago; only the wort-in-a-can beer concentrate level. I want to do it from scratch this time from start to finish. I have much research and learning and equipment to buy/beg/borrow/steal or have Yuri build before I can start, so I'd love to hear tips, tricks and anything else while I explore this site learning.

Cheers, and "To the Sheep!"
Axl

Ahh..perhaps reading the rest of the post before replying...
I work with Yuri and met Dude (and Mrs. Dude) last night. Was just giving them props for turning me on to the site.

I put it together, I'm just yanking your chain. Not everyone follows this soap opera we call a forum as closely as I do.

I've warmed a seat at his bar as well.

Welcome.

olllllo said:
Spad31 isn't lying...but he's still a name dropping MF! "It's a beer thing" - no really...it's a beer thing. My name is now on the famed bathroom wall, and Dude and I have shared some severely good beers over his sweet bar. Here's to HBT and good friends...

Ah geez...now I'm all emotional...

olllllo said:
I put it together, I'm just yanking your chain. Not everyone follows this soap opera we call a forum as closely as I do.

Welcome.

And that seat longs for your arizona warmth.

You gotta get yo ass back here!

Yuri and I are sitting at the bar BSing and really having a blast. We just broke into a La Folie (from New Belgium, BABY!), and enjoying life to the fullest.

Spad, it was fun again tonight. Anytime bro, anytime.

It's a reciprocal offer, Dude. I'll let you know when it starts getting in the 80's here.

Perhaps I can make it out that way in the fall. Still haven't ruled out Durham.

Damn...not sure why in the hell I hadn't seen those bar pix, Dude. That's some sweet, sweet candy. If my sorry ass would just bite the bullet and learn how to keg, I might make one like that...though, I guess we've already got a bunch of projects on our plate. I do believe I'm demo'ing a wall this weekend...

So, Dude, looks like we're equidistant from Richmond. You ever come up this way? Capital Ale House in Richmond (Innsbrook location) is having its Beer Geek Week towards the end of August-beginning of September. Every day of that week, they have a theme, and break out crazy kegs of awesome/rare stuff. I have the list at home, but I remember such things as the Stone 10th Anniv IIPA and JW Lees. It's a drive for both of us, but if you're up for it, the wife n' I will definitely be making the trek a few times that week.

Evan! said:
Damn...not sure why in the hell I hadn't seen those bar pix, Dude. That's some sweet, sweet candy. If my sorry ass would just bite the bullet and learn how to keg, I might make one like that...though, I guess we've already got a bunch of projects on our plate. I do believe I'm demo'ing a wall this weekend...

So, Dude, looks like we're equidistant from Richmond. You ever come up this way? Capital Ale House in Richmond (Innsbrook location) is having its Beer Geek Week towards the end of August-beginning of September. Every day of that week, they have a theme, and break out crazy kegs of awesome/rare stuff. I have the list at home, but I remember such things as the Stone 10th Anniv IIPA and JW Lees. It's a drive for both of us, but if you're up for it, the wife n' I will definitely be making the trek a few times that week.

Yeah, I'm definitely in for at least 1 night if my work schedule abides. I'm gonna go try to find more info on that, it sounds awesome.

Guys, add Yuri and Spad to the ever growing list of truly awesome HBT'ers. We drank until the sun was almost up last weekend. I'm still holding out hope that Yuri's "ride" isn't available until Thursday so we can have one last go and brew a batch too.

My kegs took a serious hit this week--it was SO awesome. :rockin:

Evan! said:

Bump....

Evan! do you have any more info on this? I sgned up for the Capital Alehouse newsletter but haven't heard anything yet....would love to know the dates.

Hell, I'm IN Richmond, I'm in if you guys are coming up one night, excepting Thursday. Can't do Thursday.

the_bird said:
Dude, you're going to have to rip out the drywall in the bathroom and bring it with you when you move...

LOL...I know! Lots of good stuff in there.

The best one so far has been from a recent visitor.

My mom wrote her phone number in there!

"4 a good time, call 745-XXXX!"

LOL!!!!! :rockin:

Back