Entitle My Beer Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komomos

Reaction score
I read tons of recipe in this site and all over the internet.

I didn't prapare my wort with any recipe. I just do it.

I buy 5kg quality malted barley what it kilned light. I used ALE yeast.
I want to show you a little sample of it. (It's clear than this)
jaue5k.png

This is sample and my 5.5 gallon batch is still cold crashing.
So, what da fock is style of my beer? :)

Looks like you need some different grains added to it to give color,flavor,body,that sort of thing. It looks like mead right now.

What hops did you use? If only one variety, you could call it your [hop variety] SMASH, as in Single Malt And Single Hop.

could you walk us through the rest of your process?
so far I have

5kg pale malt
ale yeast

how long did you boil it?
what kind of hops did you use?
what temperature did you ferment at?
you could call it

THE GREAT UNKNOWN

fineexampl said:
Yes for language you make the fock and for try in Turkish next visit porpoise?

Haha! That reminds me: there's a columnist here in Milwaukee who uses "fock" as his favorite non-swear word. Milwaukee's Lakefront Brewery named a beer for him called, of course, Focktoberfest.

No, the official fill-in word is Frak. Don't you guys watch BSG??

The beer looks like a cream ale with a lot of sediment... Or is that an American Pie Pilsner?

Looks like you need some different grains added to it to give color,flavor,body,that sort of thing. It looks like mead right now.

No friend I don't mean it. You are my best concomitant in this site. I never forget your help. If I show a lack of respect I'm bagging your pardon.

Now, I see all of your specific questions for to entitle it and I've understood how to stupid question that I ask. To launch this thread is insane.

By the way, I used word "fock" instead of "F Word" because not to want shown a nasty person fineexampl. I see you tease with me cause my way to speak English. This is not my mother language and I can't use it fluently as you can. Don't know do you speak any foreign language. I don't think you know any of them well. I can speak French better than English if you want to try communicate with it or if you speak Spanish I speak Spanish same level in comparison with English.

Don't pay any attention to the jokes people make, they are harmless.

What does the beer taste like?

This is not just a joke this is insensitivity. Anyway,

Tastes perfect (despite without CO2) and smells excellent. Clarity, already you can see very clear.
This is my firs beer by the way.

This is not just a joke this is insensitivity. Anyway,

Tastes perfect (despite without CO2) and smells excellent. Clarity, already you can see very clear.
This is my firs beer by the way.

All that matters is my opinion is that it tastes and smells good. Looks like your first brew would be a success.

We've asked a bunch of questions which would help us to help you name your beer. But you still haven't answered them.

All we know is you used 5kg pale malt and ale yeast.

You didn't tell us your mashing process, or what hops, what strain of ale yeast, how long you boiled it, how much hops you used, or what the gravity or IBUs are. All these factors, and a few more I can't think of right now, go into determining what the style of beer it is.

All it looks like is that you have an extremly pale liquid with a ton of sediment in it.

@ runningweird
No buddy, our beers are terrible. You don't really want to taste it. There is 2 brewery company in country. Efes and Tuborg. The Turkish people 75% consume Efes and 20% Tuborg and rest are foreigner beers. Actually Tuborg is Denmark orriented beer company but in Turkey naming rights and factories were bought by another Turkish company. These two brewers produce only "pilzn lager".

@Mr. Revy
I bought 5 kg malted barley. I full mashed it with mash tun. I steeped it with 50 celcius degrees about 70 minutes. I used a local hop. This is not for make brewing. It was full of hop. With body, flower and leaf. It was dried. I used about 2 onz. I added its 5 grams in last boiling 15 minutes. To boil last 90 minutes.
With 25 onz table sugar and 1 liter high fructose corn syrup I fermented my wort. In this point I made a crucial mistake. Here is Turkey and no home brewing activities available. This means no specific brewer's yeast isn't sold here. I obliged to use Saccharomyces Cerevisiae for making food. This yeast is very very active and low flocculation. Fermentation last 3 days. I have a 5.5 gallon batch. 3 days ago I applied "gelatin". Today I leave my batch to cold crash. Phew!

@komomos - It sounds like you used a lot of local ingredients out of necessity, and a lot of your ingredients were improvised and not made for homebrew. It sounds like something very unique to your area, and you should showcase that in naming it and categorizing it.

What is the Turkish name for the local hop you used? Take that word and call it a _______ SMaSH. For example, if the local hop is called "Sivas Goldings", call your beer a "Sivas Goldings SMaSH".

Or just call it Sivas Regal. :D

I'm not very creative with beer naming so I won't help you out there, but I just wanted to send congrats for making your first batch. I live in Canada, and most of the people here live in places where getting top-notch homebrew supplies is easy and relatively inexpensive. You are doing the best you can with limited ingredients and supplies. That really embodies the spirit of do-it-yourself that all homebrewers exhibit.

I will send a suggestion for you with regard to yeast. You mentioned that it isn't easy to get specific strains of yeast where you are, and (if I interpret correctly) you used a baking yeast. I suggest that you search for how to harvest yeast from a bottle. If you can find a bottle conditioned beer where you are - examples that I can get locally are Duvel, any of the trappist beers, Rogue beers, etc. - you can pour the dregs out into a weak barley malt wort to propagate them. The yeast that you grow will be better suited for beer than what you have available locally.

I suspect the challenges for homebrewing in Turkey are numerous, so I send my best wishes for you.

Thanks for the compliment,komomos. I was trying to be of service,wasn't trying to be a wise guy or anything. I did just have a flash from God,though. Seems like he puts those flashes of brilliance in our heads,anyway. How about Sivas Saison?...since you are Turkish & speak French?

You gotta love a guy make do with what he's got. A true brewer.

Komomos, search roasting barley and give it a shot to get some depth in flavor and color to your beer. Also, try just using the flowers or cones of the hop plant. The other parts tend to add grassy, vegetable flavors.

Saccharomyces cerevisiae will make beer.

Good luck!

PS - Does anyone else read komomos' posts in Borat's voice?

I'm excited to read of your beer making efforts with the challenges you face - that's the spirit of this. Please keep letting us know of your batches.

You could name your beer(s) after the city you live in, or the street you live on, or somebody whose cooking style you like. I tend to name my beers silly things, like after the local sports team whose game I will watch while drinking it.

PS - Does anyone else read komomos' posts in Borat's voice?

No, but I probably will now, thanks to you...:mad:;)

(But I do picture him with one of those big bushy Turkish Mustaches though.) :D

I do enjoy his writing style as his attempts and translating his thoughts into English for us. It's a challenge at times, but in a nice way.

He seems to have one of the sweetest natures on here.

@unionrdr
Yes I speak French, Spanish and Russian too and I'm Turkish (also never go abroad from Turkey in my life) I speak French easily than English. Also I have friends in this website from French Canada. I thank them couse they guide me something by French. Spanish and Russian is not very good. They are similiar level to my way to speak English :) I want to speak Turkish with everybody (for perfect communication) but no one in the planet doesn't use it unfortunately :)

@beerkrump
I will follow your clues that you gave me. Kilnin' malted barley is perfect idea. With that way I could make a lot of different beers.
I started home brew 20 days ago. I also don't have a fermentor or airlock at first day. Now I have a fermentor, carboy and airlock but my very first system (!) was that;
5vw2sl.gif

I thank to who are looked up with me.

PS: Don't do that :) I'm not a guy who like a Borat. He was from Kazakhstan and every Turkish doesn't like wear a mustache :) :fro:

I have a hard time coming up with beer names. I do think it would be nice to sit down with you and drink a few beers!! To bad there is an ocean between us!

Just call it "Nailed It! Lager", which is especially in-accurate given that you made an Ale to match your recipe and planning.

Back