No room in keezer for 10lb tank, 2 5 lb tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheektronic

Reaction score
Trying to search for this is a keyword nightmare, so I will just ask. I don't quite have enough room in my keezer to fit a 10lb tank. Is buying another 5lb tank a viable solution so that I can go longer in between fills?

I currently only have one keg at a time tapped, and I'm wanting to have all 3 tapped (since I have 5 kegs now). If you look at the picture, there is room in the opposite corner of the current Co2 tank.

What sort of equipment would I need to make this work?

Please excuse the Keystone, it's my roommates.

30wo.jpg

Dude. I use a 20lb tank for carbing and a 5 for serving. I have to refill the 5er about 2 times a year. Just go with a 5er for serving. Get a few tees and a few extra in valves and get em crimped on at the lhbs for a small fee and be happy

a few options:

1) drill a hole and keep the CO2 tank on the outside (that's what I do)

2) Get a huge tank (50 LBS) and use it to refill your smaller tank. (the price per pound is cheaper with larger tanks when refilling)

3) second small tank

I have a collar on my keezer so it made the most since for me to use option 1. Later I can upgrade to a larger tank if needed/wanted in the future and not have to change anything about the keezer.

Dude. I use a 20lb tank for carbing and a 5 for serving. I have to refill the 5er about 2 times a year. Just go with a 5er for serving. Get a few tees and a few extra in valves and get em crimped on at the lhbs for a small fee and be happy

I have my two other kegs sitting filled in my closet at room temp. I do natural carbing with my kegs to save gas. So you're saying to carb the kegs I keep in my closet with a big tank? I guess it never occurred to me

You don't need a tank for each keg. You just need to get a manifold to split the gas into multiple kegs such as this.
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=52

You could also as muse suggests mount a larger tank outside the kegerator and then run the primary line in through a hole.

A 5 lb bottle will run quite a few kegs for you. You could also get a second as a back-up so that when one runs out you hook up the spare and set the empty aside to refill before the new one runs out.

BTW, I run a 5 pounder for two kegs and it is plenty big for two kegs at a time. I use a manifold in my keezer to split the line. I also have a line outside for carbing 2L soda bottles.

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

:eek: Keystone ??? WHY

and on topic...
I have a 20# for carbing & a 5# for serving like djsethall. 5# last a lot longer than a person would think if used just for serving.

Put a collar and taps on that bad boy. As said before run one line into the keezer and split from there. With checkvalves. You may have your ipa and your stout cross-talking. The nice part of having multiple tanks is that you will be able to get through the weekend sometime. Don't ask.

Back