Sierra Nevada... Celebration Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpeverini

Reaction score
BOMB.COM

Yes the phrase is soooo 2000 but it is the highest complement I can give. Just cracked open the 2009 Celebration Ale and I cannot believe how good it is. I am just beginning my foray into beer tasting (for taste over mass consumptions and blackouts) but wow, the hops taste just blasts all over your face (too vulgar??) but somehow it remains smooth and wonderful.

8.5 out of 10

At 6.8% makes you fell pretty good too! Essential cold weather beer!

Now the question, anyone have a PM clone?

Saw this at the store the other day was wondering how it tastes. I didn't see any the other day. I'm going to pick it up after work after hearing that.

After hearing so many people praise this beer, I've got to try it. I've had the Torpedo IPA, which was good but not one of the better IPAs I've had (bear in mind I've only just recently started enjoying IPAs).

I guess I'll have to pick it up next time I'm out (perhaps today!).

After hearing so many people praise this beer, I've got to try it. I've had the Torpedo IPA, which was good but not one of the better IPAs I've had (bear in mind I've only just recently started enjoying IPAs).

I guess I'll have to pick it up next time I'm out (perhaps today!).

Torpedo and Celebration are quite similar as I recall.

Celebration is one of my favorite beers in the whole wide world and has been for some time. I'm a big fan.

If you substitute Perle hops for the Summit in my Indian Summer and ferment with 1056, you'll find it very similar to Celebration. I guess you also need to do a single infusion ar around 152. That is a purely subconscious accident. As I tweaked that recipe over time, I just kept making it like Celebration without even knowing. About nine years ago, I even did a blind taste test and couldn't tell the difference.

TL

Celebration is great-I recently had a vertical tasting of 2000-2007 and it ages well.

Yeah, It's one of my favorites. Brewing 10 gallons (two 5 gallon batches w/ slightly different recipes) soon.

I think I've heard that Sierra Nevada changes up the Celebration Ale recipe from one year to the next, but their web site made no mention of it. In any case, it's excellent!

If you want real some real in-your-face IPA's, try Pliny the Younger (or Elder), Hopstupid, Hopsickle, Ruination or Maharajah if you can find them.
The worst hangovers I've had have been from these beers.

One of my brewing buddies just shared his most recent brew with me that was inspired by Celebration...man...it was AMAZING!! I'll get his recipe from him and post.

Torpedo and Celebration are quite similar as I recall.

They are both IPAs, but they have a different hop character. Torpedo is quite bitter, but I found it to be more rounded. The hops feel juicer and just more full. Celebration is a bit more sharp because it formulated with the thee Cs of hops: Chinook, Centennial and Cascade. Both are amazing beers crafted with a lot of love. I find it sad that celebration is a seasonal. I look forward to it every year.

At 6.8% makes you fell pretty good too! Essential cold weather beer!
Now the question, anyone have a PM clone?

I have a good clone from a couple of years ago, I don't know if the recipe stays the same from year to year, but it's very tasty! It's ag, but can be easily converted, it's in my drop down.

I have to agree, an amazing beer. Also glad to see that the local boys (California brewers) are getting their beers out to the east coast. I have two cases in my beer fridge at the house right now.

Lucky bums, here in Iowa I'm lucky to get their Pale Ale, let alone Celebration Ale.

Would love to try it since I hear such good things about it! What's funny is that I was in Vegas last month and this dumpy little convenience store had it but here at the local supermarkets they have a huge selection but like 85% is lagers and 15% are ales.

Would love to try it since I hear such good things about it! What's funny is that I was in Vegas last month and this dumpy little convenience store had it but here at the local supermarkets they have a huge selection but like 85% is lagers and 15% are ales.

PM you info and I will send it out on Monday. 6 or 12 pack, your choice.:rockin:

just tried the Celebration ale recently and I like it.. Love the regular SNPA and decided to try the celebration ale once. I also tried the Torpedo some time ago and must say I prefer the Celebration Ale.

i live down the street from Sierra Nevada and i have to say that all the beers are wonderful... but their porter is so good, it has to be on tap though... anyone want to joint me for a pitcher one of these days?

The clone in beers Captured for Celebration is pretty spot on, I think I've drank at least 10 gallons of Celebration Ale clone this year. I'd have some right now if two hearted wasn't just released here!

i live down the street from Sierra Nevada and i have to say that all the beers are wonderful... but their porter is so good, it has to be on tap though... anyone want to joint me for a pitcher one of these days?

My grew club is planing a trip up there first part of the year we should meet up and have a few.:mug:

just tried the Celebration ale recently and I like it.. Love the regular SNPA and decided to try the celebration ale once. I also tried the Torpedo some time ago and must say I prefer the Celebration Ale.

Same here. I thought Torpedo was decent, but Celebration is where it's at.

I've been meaning to pick up another twelve-pack of the stuff.

Latest posts

Back