New Jersey Visiting Picattiny Arsenal in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMPress

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to Picatinny Arsenal in NJ week after next. I have never been to NJ before, except for passing thru to places further North. Are there any breweries I should be visiting? Any good bottle shops? I am guessing there isn't a whole lot around there???

Looks like it isn't far from Wharton. Anything there?

Any great NJ brews I may find at a bottle shop that I should keep an eye out for? I don't think I have ever had any beer from NJ, none that I can recall anyway...

Thanks!
Andy

Carton Brewing, Atlantic Highlands
Kane Brewing, Ocean

Both of these are a Good hour south of the Picatinny area. Probably longer given its summer and beach traffic. Kane isn't really seen in bottle shops, but Carton can be found in some. they are the hottest NJ breweries right now.

Bottle shops I will ask around. I have a friend that works at Picatinny. I live in MD now, and most of what we can get down here we can get there. They have a better Founders Beer selection than we do. I know they also can get Ithica Brewing which makes some nice beers.

About a half hour west you have Czigmeister Brewing and Jersey Girl Brewing in Hackettstown, along with Manskirt Brewing.

Angry Erik is close by as well as a little more East Magnify and Brix City Brewery. Also Taphouse 15 is close by with a ton of beers there, I think you can find most of these breweries there

Ditto Czig Meister, Jersey Girl and Manskirt. Also Kroghs brewpub up the road a piece in Sparta. Check the hours on the local breweries though. Most are only open limited hours on the weekends (Thu-Sun). A bit of a haul but another great spot is Long Valley Brew Pub, one of the oldest in NJ.

Thanks everyone. Of everything listed above, Taphouse 15 was the only one I found when googling stuff near Picatinny, HBT comes through strong again!

Sadly, I will be there Sun - Wed, so will need to take a look at hours. Taphouse 15 might end up being the most solid bet, although I do like to hit the individual establishments when I can...

Forgot to mention Mohawk House in Sparta if you want a nice place to eat and drink. Very nice place with a great tap list. Not too far from Picattiny.

If you're looking for a good Irish pub, the Quiet Man in Dover is a good choice. The best beer finds would be at Morris Tap and Grill in Randolph and Poor Henry's in Montville.

Looks like for bottle shops, the only thing showing up on google is Bottle King in Ledgewood or Morris Plains. Pictures don't look like they sell much more than mass produced 6 packs. Anywhere else that should be on my radar?

Sadly, I am arriving late on Sunday, and leaving early Wednesday, so Mon and Tue evening are my times, and most of the breweries are not open. Looks like 1 night at Taphouse and one at Quiet Man pub for me...

Thanks for the help guys!

Oh, also looks like North Jersey Homebrew and Montville Cask and Kettle are close by. One better than the other if I only have time to hit one? (Still need to check on hours to see if I can even make one of them)

Never been to NJ Homebrew, but Cask and Kettle is great. For bottle shops, Liquor Factory in Sparta is a good option. Growlers! Bottle King in Morris Plains is decent but hit or miss.

Back