Cider makers, what do you want for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialsomeone

Reaction score
What do you want for Christmas this year? Anything equipment you wish someone had given you when you started out making cider?

I wish I could get a peck each of 20 different kinds of apples so I could learn more about which varieties are best for cider. I have several favorites already, but more knowledge is more knowledge! And the best knowledge comes from real life experience, not from books or equipment!

If we are making a wishlist, I would like a kegerator, some kegs and maybe a fastfermentor or other conical fermentor

Floor corker is wonderful - I used the hand plunger for exactly one bottle, and anything that takes two people to do is OUT. Claude's book is good, it's my main reference.

We've been talking about a keezer setup for kegging (with room for a lagering keg or two.) Hmmm probably a better scratter setup - we aren't loving the rotary type, leaves things a bit too chunky, and we probably could get better yields.

Back